Forum Support Locking old threads

Discussion in 'Support' started by WillyEckerslike, Aug 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If you do not like the programme change the channel.
    This country has been destroyed by the pc, lefty, virtuous signallers and their sick agenda.They have got freedom of speech banned, except if it suits their sick agenda.
    It is about time this pc practice was outlawed, the thought police will be out in force soon.

longboat and CGN like this.
  2. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Quite simple all you have to do is put Screwfix and an offensive term in google and off you go.

KIAB likes this.
  3. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

The forum would go into melt down. can you imagine correcting the electrician forum posts to bring them up to date - they could even argue on the colour of an orange :D

KIAB, Dam0n and WillyEckerslike like this.
  4. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

I enjoy this forum and wouldn't change a thing, well, apart from ..........and then there is...........oh! and not forgetting....:rolleyes:

5. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

What is it that you would like to be able to say in this country that is illegal; just curious?

6. FlyByNight

FlyByNight Screwfix Select

And it continues. I may only post occasionally however seeing people bringing up 2003 posts is totally ridiculous and shoudl be banned.

Heat and WillyEckerslike like this.
  7. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

We could have a forum vote on this to decide if old posts should be locked and if new members should be on a watch period for a first certain number of posts.

8. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

I'll second it!:D

malkie129 and Heat like this.
  9. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

It does seem that there is only 1 person against locking the old threads ..........

10. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

The trouble with restricting new members is that it will block out the genuine queries which are the majority and which between us we manage to turn round quite quickly on the whole. It would be a mistake to prevent that side of the forum from functioning in my opinion.

Heat likes this.
  11. robertpstubbs

robertpstubbs Screwfix Select

The only other forum I regularly visit is an Amazon Seller one, and I believe they lock threads after 6 months of no replies.

WillyEckerslike and Astramax like this.
  12. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Wonder why....o_O

FlyByNight likes this.
  13. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

If we had proper Mods on here with basic powers to remove Trolls, then new members could be watched for their first 10 posts before they are put on view.
    But this forum seems to be backward thinking and not using the regular trusted few who would happy take turns at moderating

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  14. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

And the mod,he/she refuses point blank to reinstate PM's which is so bluddy annoying.:mad:

FlyByNight likes this.
  15. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Best idea to be put forward yet!

Dam0n and KIAB like this.
  16. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Been my war cry for a long time, so simple to do,would stop forum becoming unusable in the evenings due to trolls.

FlyByNight and Heat like this.
  17. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

To be completely honest, I was initially recommended to join this forum, but the member did warn me that it is plagued by fake posts by Trolls

18. WillyEckerslike

Or, Screwfix could reach into their deep pockets and fund the forum properly with additional staff. Unfortunately I can see the new chief executive getting wind of how some spotty kid (or a disgruntled ex employee) is making the company look amateur by running amok through their shop window forum and just shutting it down. It's been nice knowing you guys!

Dam0n likes this.
  19. It is not a good idea in my opinion to have Members as Moderators. Moderators need to be completely independant.
    If a Member was Moderating there is also the chance of bias against/for other Members, which should not happen with an independant Moderator.

WillyEckerslike and Astramax like this.
  20. WillyEckerslike

You are quite correct and I agree wholeheartedly but I think the proposal is to allow restricted methods of temporarily dealing with new members. I should have thought that something workable could be agreed that doesn't affect existing members or fuel their disputes.

longboat and KIAB like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.