Best paint spray gun with aircompressor to spray woodworm

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by Jitender, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

I've just purchased a second hand air compressor on ebay and want to use it to spray woodworm treatment in all the timbers in the loft. Can anyone recommend the best sprayer for the job. The wood preserver is like water, so not sure which gun to use as getting quite confused with the different array of spray cans available. i.e overhead can (gravity) etc.

[​IMG]

2. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

How big is the compressor hp/cfm.

If it’s like water, any gun will do within reason as you won’t be worried about the quality of atmozisation as you would if you’re trying to get a glass like finish spraying paint. Also, if it is a bit greedy in the air consumption dept, it’s not an issue as you’re not spraying a car etc, where waiting for the air to build up can make or break the quality of the paint work.

I’d just buy one of the cheap all in one spray kits, that come with a tyre inflator, spray gun, paraffin gun etc. Prob about £20.

Jitender likes this.
  3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    Jitender and CGN like this.
  4. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

The cheap kits usually contain a parafin gun which sounds like it would be ideal.

KIAB and Jitender like this.
  5. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

I haven't got the compressor, the seller was only selling the motor unit when I turned up. :oops:

I have a big garden sprayer so going to try this and see how it works.

CGN likes this.
  6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Darn annoying,:(

7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Perfect I would think.

8. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

yes, and nearly 90 miles round trip :(

9. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Pump up Hoselock Garden Spray here.

KIAB likes this.
  10. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

was looking at getting a n
    Been looking on ebay and can find it for under £20 per 5l can unless you want a 25L tin! Will be starting this in the next few weeks and will let everyone know how it goes.