New carpets and doors

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Colin1210, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Colin1210

Colin1210 New Member

Hi all thanks for taking time to read.
    We have had a new bedroom carpet and landing carpet however there is a noticeable difference in height.
    The bedroom floor has a wooden floor underlay and thick carpet and the landing has about 15mm difference between carpets,
    The bedroom door opens inwards so when closed is a noticeable gap which is frustrating.
    We have had the carpet professionals back in and by removing the wooden floor this would create another problem about 10mm gap from between the skirting board and carpet all around.
    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated many thanks

2. Fit a hardwood timber threshold under the door, this would hide the different heights.

Astramax likes this.
  3. Colin1210

Colin1210 New Member

I did take a look not up sure if that would work with the door opening inwards would that not drag thankyou

4. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

Deleted member 11267's suggestion is to fit a threshold, ie a strip fixed to the floor, not to the door. I heard them lazily called 'door bars' on a radio advert yesterday....

Edit: it's a good solution and would look nice in my opinion.

Deleted member 11267 likes this.
  5. Colin1210

Colin1210 New Member

Thank you all will have a shop around tomo

6. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

You would be best to go to a Timber Yard for a quality hardwood Threshold.

Deleted member 11267 likes this.
  7. As Astramax says, go to a timber yard yard and buy a suitable piece of Hardwood, it can then be cut and planed to the correct size, it can then be sanded and varnished or stained to your liking.