Kitchen ‘dry fit’ cost

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Ad_Stewart, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Ad_Stewart

Ad_Stewart New Member

Could anyone give me advice on how much a kitchen install should cost? The wiring (1st fix), plumbing and plastering is all done and I literally just want the units fitting with cornice etc (dry fit?) Worktops will be supplied separately and I’ll finish everything else myself.
    It consists of the following (pics attached) 29EDF6C3-6957-4E82-A60E-52E80EA491C3.jpeg 6B0F2AA8-2CB7-41E9-973F-5449350726A7.jpeg 29EDF6C3-6957-4E82-A60E-52E80EA491C3.jpeg 6B0F2AA8-2CB7-41E9-973F-5449350726A7.jpeg

800 base
    600 base
    900 base
    300 base x2
    600 oven tower
    1000 corner x2
    Integrated dishwasher
    Integrated fridge
    900 wall
    300 wall x2

I’ve been quoted £1,100 but this seems a lot. Surely what I’m asking is only a couple of days work?

2. Hfs

Hfs Screwfix Select

Seems like a fair price....It’s more than a few days work especially if you have an under mount sink, scribing kick plates etc etc. I’ve just priced a refurb and have allowed 5 days for my chippy/subby to install it at £200 a day and to be honest it’s a simpler layout than yours. A grand is about the going rate to fit a kitchen like yours and 100 for sundries and to get rid of waste.

3. Ad_Stewart

Ad_Stewart New Member

I’m surprised! I was working on 2 days at £200 a day labour cost only.

4. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Why not get a couple of other quotes to gauge the price you've been given already?
    That would be the logical way to determine if it's excessive or not.
    If they all come in at around the same price then thats it i suppose, you could however choose to fit them yourself if its only a couple of days work. Its quite easy as long as you have the tools to do so, and they can be quite expensive.
    Joinery work is probably the most costly trade kit wise.

5. Hfs

Hfs Screwfix Select

Never going to get that fitted in two days, you’ve got all the handles to put on/drill out, extra work in setting the under mount sink in, putting the doors on the inter grated appliances etc etc. have they got to build the units as well?

6. Ad_Stewart

Ad_Stewart New Member

It’s a handleless design that will be delivered pre-assembled but there will be an undermount sink and 2 main integrated appliances (the ovens I can do myself)

7. Hfs

Hfs Screwfix Select

Just a thought the plan shows handles, was the chippy/fitter aware of it being handless?

8. Ad_Stewart

Ad_Stewart New Member

Sorry! Should’ve said, the pictures were from an earlier stage when we were just sorting the layout. Illustration purposes only. The kitchen is “Ellerton” and it does include rails that need to be fitted along the inside top of the carcass. Joined/fitter is aware and factored that into the quote.

9. Hfs

Hfs Screwfix Select

I think it’s reasonable.

10. Ad_Stewart

Ad_Stewart New Member

Thanks, appreciate the advice. It’s obviously more involved than I thought!