Gas pipe inside cupboard, advice?

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Hannah1992, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Hannah1992

Hannah1992 New Member

Afternoon!

Ive recently moved into a house that has a gas pipe sticking out of the wall inside one of the cupboards. Its the cupboard next to the oven.

Any ideas on how i can hide this? Pics below

Thanks,

image.jpg image.jpg

2. Hans_25

Hans_25 Screwfix Select

If that were mine, I'd remove the back of the cupboard (or cut out a larger area around the pipe), cut the pipe back and cap it off. A relatively simple job for a gas safe plumber.

Is the pipe accessible before it comes through to the cupboard, whats on the other side?

3. Hannah1992

Hannah1992 New Member

Just a wall i think, the house is only 6 years old, i’m not sure why theres just this random pipe in the cupboard.

4. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

May of been for previous gas oven or hob

5. The Teach

The Teach Screwfix Select

dont think it can be hidden but it can be removed by a gas safe registered person :)

6. spirits are real 2016

spirits are real 2016 Screwfix Select

this is an easy one shut the cupboard door then the pipe is hidden problem solved.

Hfs and The Teach like this.
  7. furious_customer

furious_customer Screwfix Select

And a few large tins of baked beans in front of it.

8. spirits are real 2016

spirits are real 2016 Screwfix Select

there's enough gas in the pipe let alone the beans...

9. Scott Green

Scott Green Member

That is a symphony kitchen in a relatively new build house. Customer would have chosen an induction/electric hob. Gas pipe would have been put in as standard.

Remove backboard, get it cut back and capped off, replace backboard with 3mm board or put a sticker etc over existing hole

nigel willson likes this.