Brother DB2-B755-3 Sewing machine motor upgrade

Discussion in 'Project Photos' started by Jitender, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Ordered a new servo motor for my mums sewing machine.

Original one was a clutch motor, I thought I would try out the new motor as they get good reviews on energy saving and noise reduction.

Old clutch motoe removed. Very heavy!
    upload_2019-10-6_14-48-19.png

upload_2019-10-6_14-48-33.png

New motor now fitted. Very straight forward too fit. The belt is too big, so ordered a new reduced size belt at 39"

upload_2019-10-6_14-49-18.png

Motor in place. Need to sort out the light cable.
    upload_2019-10-6_14-49-29.png

On/off switch.
    upload_2019-10-6_14-49-42.png

Longer foot link rods supplied in kit fitted. Cut off the non standard UK plug and fitted a 2 pin UK plug.
    upload_2019-10-6_14-49-55.png

There is a power supply socket to power the LED light. Does anyone know what plug is needed too fit?
    upload_2019-10-6_14-51-41.png

KIAB likes this.
  2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Just happen to have the parts diagram on pc,as there was one on Freegle, but it needed repairing.

https://www.universalsewing.com/images2/parts_lists/all/ekga4eld.pdf

https://www.universalsewing.com/images2/parts_lists/all/8gg344nb.pdf

Drop AE sewing machines a email, they supply the Brother Industrial machines for the UK, & may be able to help with led light.
    Most likely that connector might be unique to Japan.

https://www.ae-sewingmachines.co.uk/sewing-room/industrial-sewing/single-needle-lockstitch/brother

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    Jitender likes this.
  3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Jitender likes this.
  4. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Did find this on ebay, its costs £6.19 including delivery.

[​IMG]

At present both the wires have a spade/fork connecter crimped on the end of the wires and they just lot into the connector.

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

On your photo, the socket looks like it has different sized pins,maybe the angle photo was taken.

6. FlyByNight

FlyByNight Screwfix Select

THat looks like te more up to date US connectors which have "polarity". The older style with two pins will fit and they are designed to do so, just that a polarised plug with different pin sizes will not fit the older sockets.

7. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

We have just left the old LED light on. The spade connectors fit snugly into the socket. i don't think there is any polarity as the LED works both ways.

Power is on permanently, (i.e without the witch being on/off).

The belt came yesterday and fitted. It works much better now with no slack. I had to adjust the bobbin winder as wasn't contacting the belt. This was a simple job be repositioning the whole assembly with two screw.

8. Rona Knowles

Rona Knowles New Member

Can you tell me where you purchased the new motor from, and how much was it please