Ikea Kitchen Taps

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by OT, Apr 11, 2006.

1. OT

OT New Member

Have also posted this on Plumbers Talk. Has anyone experienced naff pressure on the hot side of any Ikea taps on a gravity fed system after fitting. In this instance the pressure was great with the mixer tap that was replaced I have been trying to find out the spec of the ikea taps regarding pressure but to no avail. Cheers in advance.

2. mr.kitchen

mr.kitchen New Member

You dont say if your ikea tap is single lever or not. As a rule most continental taps are designed to work from a pressurised system, so there internal pipework is reduced to a very narrow bore. It should say somewhere on the box the head required.£m head should work OK with a hot water supply froma cylinder, above that(5m+) the flow is very slow.

3. C P

C P Member

Even good makes(not to say IKEA isn't good) of ceramic valved single lever taps do this due to the reduction in bore, only solution if you need high pressure hot water against the mains high pressure is to pump it, can recommend Stuart Turner pumps for being quiet. I had same problem with a Blanco mixer which said it could work with the head I have.

4. Nord6965

Nord6965 New Member

I know this is an old thread, but apparently you can get low pressure mixers from Ikea. For example, in the pamphlet of funny little dudes, parts and instructions there is a part number if you operate low pressure. I got the Edsvik kitchen tap and am in the same predicament. The low pressure alternative aerator is 118874

5. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Like 99% of eu taps, it's not low pressure at all "Recommended working pressure: 1.0 - 5.0 bar (100 kPa - 500 kPa)". Most UK low pressure gravity fed systems operate at around 0.3 Bar. 0.3 Bar would come out at a trickle on a tap designed to operate a minimum of 1 Bar.