How to use a memory stick in laptop

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Paul Blackburn, Nov 8, 2019.

1. As our car does not have a CD player I transfer CD's onto memory sticks to play in the car.I have just done one for my wife but when I went to try it in her laptop could not see it listed anywhere.It plays in my Laptop but I have Windows 7 so I just go into computer and click on the drive and it plays.But my wifes laptop runs Windows 10 so where do I find my computer and also the list of removable drives.I have looked everywhere any advice appreciated.Thanks

2. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

Windows key & E

3. Thanks for that and yes the stick plays fine.I much prefer the Windows 7 version so much simpler

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

And then look in THIS PC will list all your drives.

Windows 10 much better.:)

5. One other question when I want to use Paint on my Windows 7 laptop I normally go into accessories then paint and open it to see the screen print I have just done and then save it to a folder I have created.I do this if I need to send a copy of a error message or any other message that appears how do I do that in Windows 10.Thanks again

6. Tricky Dicky

Tricky Dicky Screwfix Select

Hi, I open Microsoft WORD, then paste ( Ctrl + V) to see whats on the clipboard. Hope this helps.