Updating Browser

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Paul Blackburn, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Last night I wanted to watch something on the BBC iplayer but as my wife was watching something else I decided to watch it on this laptop but the following message keeps coming up and I wondered what I need to do
    This player will stop working on your device soon.
    Unfortunately you'll need to update your browser or device before the end of 2019 to continue to use this player.
    This is because flash will stop working in 2020.
    I was using Google as my browser but I tried again using Google Chrome and the message does seem to be appearing.Any advice appreciated.

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

3. FlyByNight

FlyByNight Screwfix Select

It is the BBC being a pain AGAIN.

They cannot be bothered to manage their software so just decide to dump "compatibiulity" with certaian devices. Just ask large numb ers of Samsung SMART TV owners, who had iPlayer removed from tehir devices that were sold with it. Or certain phone users who again cannot access iPlayer, or those who have lost radio capability as te new BBC app will not run

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

It's a nightmare, I have Samsung SMART tv.:mad:
    BBC keep moving the goalposts.

Lost sound from iplayer on pc,solved it by using K Lite for the codecs,will play most video file formats,as a very good media player.

https://codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  5. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Isn't there BBC iPlayer software you can get for pc and Mac?

6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

7. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Ah. Yes. I see now... missed that

8. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Google is a search engine, & Google Chrome is a web brower.

Don't use Chome, Firefox user,never any problems.