Bosch multi tool?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Gazowl1975, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Gazowl1975

Gazowl1975 Member

Anyone else got the bosch pmf 220 multi tool? Great useful tool but would you agree it would be better with a bit more kick to it (it's only 220 watt) bought a diamond blade for it and it is struggling to cut tiles somewhat really? Cheers

2. xednim

xednim Screwfix Select

gop2000 is cheapper stronger and pro series - why you have chosen pmf220? they used to give that away at MD with happy meals

The Teach and KIAB like this.
  3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

4. xednim

xednim Screwfix Select

mine has lasted for approx 2 years, next bearing went down- horrible noise on the spindle, also snapped holding pins (possibly because faulty bearing)
    saxton blades - agree- I use them as well and happy with quality of it
    https://www.toolstoreuk.co.uk/bosch...r9N6TxRQHv6IJjCbkO741LTjMqZK5GyBoC4BQQAvD_BwE

5. Gazowl1975

Gazowl1975 Member

You have a pmf 220 your saying and it's knackered after two years? To be fair it was only £50 off ebay its OK on light stuff like sanding etc

6. xednim

xednim Screwfix Select

gop2000

7. Gazowl1975

Gazowl1975 Member

Are the blue bosch tools a hell of alot better than green versions mate I've bought one now so it's too late it's only intended for light stuff anyway too me like sanding light wood cutting cutting nails off and copper pipe ends? Cheers

8. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Yep I had the Bosch Green PMF 220, good, lightweight multi tool but the 'green' range is considered to be aimed at the diy market, hence the price

I'm diy myself but subjected it to a fair amount of work over maybe 7 years, just recently 'died' whilst cutting out rock hard grout from a shower cubical, recon I had my monies worth out of it over the years though so all good

Upgraded to the Dewalt DWE 315KT, comes with a comprehensive kit of attachments and the fantastic Dewalt TStak case
    This tool is in a different league to the little Green Bosch but then its twice the price (and a little bit more, depending on offers available)
    Register the tool with Dewalt and a free extended warranty gives you 3 years 'peace of mind'

Just depends what you need the tool to do and likely frequency of use whilst considering your budget

There's real budget brands of multi tool like Silverline for around £22 up to Festool for £600 +

9. Gazowl1975

Gazowl1975 Member

So it Will cut copper pipe and nails easily with correct attachment? What do you grind the grout out with a diamond blade attachment do they make these for the pmf 220?

10. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

11. just pumps

just pumps Screwfix Select

Need the blade adapter as other half brought a Bosch with the starlock fitting and I still have the older type blades which don't fit.
    A link to adapter would be most welcome as I've looked. Thanks

12. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Bosch,which model some use Starlock Plus, others Starlock Max?

The older Bosch use Starlock,which as you know is different, right PIA all these different fixings.

upload_2019-12-26_12-42-45.jpeg

https://www.kelvinpowertools.com/blog/blog/new-bosch-fein-starlock-system

13. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Don't thinks there is a adaptor for starlock plus to starlock.:mad:

14. just pumps

just pumps Screwfix Select

Thanks for looking, think I'll sell the thing when she's not looking lol

15. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Surprised there no adaptor yet, also it means you stuck with orginal Bosch blade, as there no third party blades available, so buying geniune blades get expensive for Starlock Plus/Max.

just pumps likes this.