Track Saw Vs Circular Saw

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by Deland01, Jun 30, 2019.

1. ajohn

ajohn Screwfix Select

Both the saw and other kit they do with it are really good quality. There blades are fine as well. I bought the whole kit with track in one go as it was cheaper that way and too many reported problems on cheaper tracks. Corded though for my use.

John
    -

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Never had any issues with Makita blades, but I only use Freud blades.

3. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

I use my favourite circular saw to slice through my favourite tin of spiced pork and ham, it creates a delightful smoked flavour. You’re also in even greater luck, I’ve read your blog and can comfortably advise you that it’s complete nonsense and you clearly know zero about circular saws or anything remotely associated with them.

WillyEckerslike and KIAB like this.
  4. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

It's worse than that, it's dead Jord.

It's absolute tripe. Take it from me and Jord - don't waste a click - you'll never get those minutes back...

5. ajohn

ajohn Screwfix Select

I bought a Freud blade to go with it even though it came with a spare Makita and one in the saw. Surprised but found no reason not to use them. Generally I will only buy Freud blades.

John
    -