Decision time!!!!!!!!! maybe!

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Astramax, Jan 16, 2020.

1. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Lol :D they work exactly the same as they did on the Golf Willy.......................................i was amazed :D

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Totally unnecessary on a Beamer along with a speedometer.:eek:

3. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

;):):( 10 years here also.

kitfit1 likes this.
  4. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Lol :D Strangely enough they do Willy...........................it shocked me, they even make the same "clicking" sound as they did in the Golf. So the issue must be most Beamer drivers are both stupid and deaf at the same time :D

Edit: they cant be deaf if they never indicated though.............................mmmmmmmmmmmmm. Nahhhhhhh, not going to sell it.......................it's a Keeper :D

5. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

Don’t deny the diesel part. But that’s not how the government now look at it. Diesels are going to be banned from inner cities. My EU6 disco sport will be fine for now, but my wife’s EU5 misses the cut for many locations.
    I would expect the EU6’s will be next on the list in a few year’s time. If Astramax’s purchase is a long term buy it’s a mistake to go diesel.

I know about repairing run flats, but some garages will also ‘repair’ tyres with damaged sidewalls. On the basis the tyres keep you on the road I tend not to take risks with them. Also BMW state not to repair a run flat, not sure where your insurance would go with that one.

6. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Screwfix Select

This kitchen fitter has a BMW also. 535 GT - amazing car. Never even knew it had indicators ....:confused: To be fair I do like to drive to the limit where possible.
    For work I have just purchased a Ford Galaxy, ex Addison Lee cab, as all the vans round here get broken into constantly. It has been great, super comfy and automatic, loads of space for the ridiculous amount of tools needed in kitchen fitting. I do not take waste away anymore - Hippo bags all the way

longboat and WillyEckerslike like this.
  7. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Screwfix Select

Repair my run flats often. At £250 a corner it has to be. Thinking of changing to std tyres for comfort and cost reasons. I seem to get loads of punctures, usually slow ones. Car handles like a pig when the tyres are not all fully inflated correctly.

kitfit1 likes this.
  8. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

In fact, 10 years ago tomorrow in my case. Not a day that i will ever forget, as i'm shure you won't either.

9. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Not actually had a flat in mine yet, but already know they are easy and safe to repair. As my wheels are already 19inch, changing to std tyres isn't an option. To be honest though, the run flats on my 635 are as comfy as comfy can be.....................i wouldn't want to change them.

10. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

July here, remember it as if it were only yesterday though.

11. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Astra, why not change the pedals? They have lasted since you were 6 years old!

12. peter palmer

peter palmer Screwfix Select

I've always liked big engined automatic cars but don't like putting the fuel in them or paying the exorbitant tax on them either. I really want an automatic as my next car and I'm favouring a 640D BMW as my next purchase, not a new one but maybe 6 or 7 years old or so. The repair costs of things like the turbo or gearbox etc frighten me to death though and I think something like a Focus would be much better suited to me being a bit of a miser.

You also have to watch the tax situation, if you buy a 2016 Ford Focus then the tax is probably free but a 2017 model is £140 odd a year to tax for an identical model due to the restructuring of the tax rules, the government totally went back on their word that small cars that were good for the environment would be looked at favourably as soon as the majority started buying small cars and the revenue dropped off a cliff. So the message now seems to be buy big and **** the environment, thats fine by me.

13. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

I will if your pedals fit, very kind of you to offer, are you sure you have no further use for them or are you going electric.

14. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

:p

15. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

Astramax, why do you have to change your car just because you're retiring? If your Honda is going well and even if you have to have a few repairs done in years to come, they will most likely cost a lot less than depreciation on a new one. Also if you keep the money that you'd spend on a new car and invest it carefully you can make some money.

All well known makes are very reliable if maintained properly, I had a Ford that covered 290000 miles and was running well before rust took hold, I've had BMWs with mileages of over 200000 and my present Peugeot has covered 130000 miles with no significant faults.

So unless you really want a change, my advice is to keep your Honda.

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  16. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

Low profile tyres are very prone to damage, particularly if you hit a pothole, I always fit tyres of at least 65 profile, change to conventional non run flats and carry a compressor and a can of sealant. For a puncture you can usually limp home or to a tyre shop, for major splits or holes call the AA, Green Flag or RAC .

17. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Reason ....RUST has well started to eat away the wheel arches...and I don't want another
    Tetanus jab. :(

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  18. Hans_25

Hans_25 Screwfix Select

And I thought RUSTy was your dawg :D

SIT!

Astramax likes this.
  19. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

:p

20. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Walked past a very nice looking van today 'MINI COOPER CLUBVAN' not seen one before.