Decision time!!!!!!!!! maybe!

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Astramax, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Hans_25

Hans_25 Screwfix Select

They've not very "mini" are they.

DIY0001 likes this.
  2. masterdiy

masterdiy Screwfix Select

Astramax If you are considering new, what about a good hybrid.
    Best of both worlds?

3. BikerChris

BikerChris Active Member

May be an electric car, I dont know much about them but something i am considering...mainly cos wife doesnt know the meaning of 'warming up a car'. :(

Might suit well though, no fuels to go off in between MOT drives :)

4. DIY0001

DIY0001 Active Member

Alec Issigonis has been spinning in his grave since BMW launched the new Mini.

5. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Why dont you buy a car from Airfix astra?

6. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

Its been a month talking about it astra, go and buy one, time isn't on our side.

BikerChris and masterdiy like this.
  7. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Beats your 'CORGI'.............you left the door wide open there koolpc:D

8. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Decision has been made so not looking anymore. :D:)

9. techie

techie Screwfix Select

C’mon, spill....

10. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Corgi are awesome though! Die cast and built to last! Lo.

11. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

You bought a robin reliant! I knew it! You old codger! Lol

12. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Not buying anything after much thought...roads way to congested and if you eventually arrive at the destination there is nowhere to park and if you do find a parking area a mortgage is needed to buy a permit.................so b ugger to it and the economy.........I'll get the bus!

RolandK and BikerChris like this.
  13. masterdiy

masterdiy Screwfix Select

There was me thinking you might have gone for an Electric car.......................

I just might spend the kids inheritance.

[​IMG]

Mike83 and Astramax like this.
  14. BikerChris

BikerChris Active Member

Ah fair play, thought don't lecky cars get help with permits? No idea and as I said before, I don't have one...or the money to get one

15. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Many a true word said in jest as way back on 1978 l bought a Reliant Supervan for £300, my first car, drove it on my motorcycle license, very useful car at the time, great fun.

koolpc likes this.
  16. RolandK

RolandK Screwfix Select

Got a '53 Honda CRV with 130,00 miles on it. Always been well looked after and is totally reliable and drives like a dream. Rarely anything needs fixing. Would buy another one without hesitation. Had loads of cars over the years and the Hondas and Toyotas by far the most reliable but not the most exciting! The more exciting ones have invariably cost a fortune to keep up to scratch.

Astramax likes this.
  17. RolandK

RolandK Screwfix Select

What's not to like? Well the running and repair costs for a start! Been, done that with BMW's! Lovely cars though.

18. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

"running and repair costs" ? Your having a laugh ? Like all cars they only cost an arm and a leg if you take them to Ford/Vauxhall/BMW/Mercedes dealers.
    Just had a set of rear brake pads replaced along with both wear sensors by the same independent garage that looked after my Golf for 16 years, cost ? £110 using genuine BMW parts.

19. RolandK

RolandK Screwfix Select

A few years back I was running a 330D touring and a Z4. Spent nearly 5k in one year and that was at an independent garage!

20. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

not a good choice of indi then in your case then.