upvc wood grain windows

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by 12d121, Feb 20, 2020.

1. 12d121

12d121 New Member

Hi all,

Im in the process of having upvc windows fitted to replace old aluminium/timber frames ones. Have opted for a wood grain finish and have noticed a few places where the wood grain foil is missing in places. I have attached photos. I used a company with good reviews, but to me this doesnt seem right. Any thoughts and comments welcome.

Attached Files:

2. jonathanc

jonathanc Guest

Simple. You haven’t got what you ordered. Tell them to try again or you will not pay. Absolute joke to be left like that

Astramax and masterdiy like this.
  3. masterdiy

masterdiy Screwfix Select

They are having a giraffe.

What are they like from the outside?
    Pics

4. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

You are right to question the standard of work, unacceptable to install poor quality of finish with no pride in work............reject them, lazy shoddy bedsteads. :(, remember it's your hard earned not there's.

masterdiy likes this.
  5. 12d121

12d121 New Member

Similar in places. They need to return tomorrow to finish the rest of the windows so will bring it up with them

6. jonathanc

jonathanc Guest

Bring it up? Do it in writing tonight saying that if that is the standard of materials and work you won’t be paying. Personally I wouldn’t have them on site

7. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Did you actually see a sample of the woodgraim window frame before ordering?

I did visit a place where the make the corners joints much neaterand hardly noticeable.

8. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Would appear they have a problem with the set up of the mitre cutter.

Deleted member 11267 likes this.
  9. 12d121

12d121 New Member

I did see a sample window. On diff occasions, both times with wood grain finish. Certainly didn’t have gaps

10. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

The weld dont look right.

I would have assumed the whole reason to go wood grain is to give impression that it is real wood, but the bad weld spoils it.

This is some site I have come up with.

https://harp-windows.co.uk/say-good...-with-our-innovative-new-timber-look-corners/

The shop I visited locally made a really good job of the joins ans was quite impressed, as not totally fond of using UPVC, but on this occasion the fine joins made them look so much better almost seamless.

11. I would not let them install any more windows until they fix or replace the badly made ones already installed.
    Do not let them try and fob you off with, we will sort those after we have put these in, it might never happen.

masterdiy likes this.
  12. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Not at all good manufacturing there