And in other news tonight....

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by WillyEckerslike, Mar 18, 2020.

1. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

Something positive out of Covid-19

Eurovision is off!

2. DIY0001

DIY0001 Active Member

And they’ve stopped filming Eastenders. That should reduce depression levels across the nation!

RolandK, b4xtr, malkie129 and 3 others like this.
  3. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Can we book the virus for next year too?

gadget man and Heat like this.
  4. PhilSo

PhilSo Screwfix Select

Free tv licence won't be an issue.
    No over 75s to claim it by the end of August.

:eek:

PhilSo

5. Abrickie

Abrickie Screwfix Select

OAP only shopping times in supermarkets, absolutely brilliant, means they won’t be blocking aisles on weekends

Jord86 and Heat like this.
  6. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

No talk of Brexit on the news now that a really important event is in the news

malkie129, Astramax and Abrickie like this.
  7. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Wait until they start moaning that they can’t get there on time because the buses are running late, and couldn’t get on because it was overcrowded with even more OAP’s.

Abrickie likes this.
  8. peter palmer

peter palmer Screwfix Select

Surely the best thing to come out of it is the Scousers and the premiership.

Sparkielev likes this.
  9. Abrickie

Abrickie Screwfix Select

Really important event? I’ve found no mention of George RR Martin finishing Winds of Winter :(

Heat likes this.
  10. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Wonder when Screwfix will close! :p

11. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Also Glastonbury................shame really was looking forward to seeing Taylor Swift. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  12. FUNDIMOLD

FUNDIMOLD Active Member

I used to cough to cover my farts and now I'm farting to cover my coughs. Sheesh.

13. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Less people in Toolstation so based on Government statistics it is a safer place to shop.

malkie129 and kitfit1 like this.
  14. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Going by my local Screwfix this morning.................next to no staff, but plenty of customers and plenty of time to wait to catch anything that might happen to doing the rounds at the moment.

Astramax likes this.
  15. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

That depends on whether a kitchen fitter is buying a fuse board and fitting it

sparky steve likes this.
  16. sparky steve

sparky steve Screwfix Select

8D29289B-0679-43B9-B0F2-061D2BFC616B.jpeg
    Ah, that’s why there’s a toilet paper shortage then:rolleyes:?

Sparkielev likes this.
  17. Joe the Plumber

Joe the Plumber Screwfix Select

The Trade Counter at my local one was closed yesterday (as I discovered when I bounced back off the door...).

18. DIY0001

DIY0001 Active Member

Well the USA is planning on the assumption that it will last 18 months with multiple waves. However, you could always “catch it, bin it, freeze it for next year”. :eek:

19. timotay

timotay Active Member

I am extremely concerned that Wetherspoons will be effected by this medical /social hiccup.
    (or as i call it "The Office" as i go there every day. I think Dinkydo coined the phrase)
    I am not going to let a world recession, death, pandemic, bulk buying and collapse of social interaction interfere with my traditional British right to stand in pubs and talk about other people.

Heat likes this.
  20. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

At least Saint Greta has gone quiet...for awhile, oh and Eastenders will be slowing down.

Heat likes this.