Due to coronavirus cancelled holiday why did I bother?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by MGW, Mar 22, 2020.

1. MGW

MGW Screwfix Select

It seems if I can't go on holiday, then everyone else will come to me, gladstone rock snowdonia has again seen the multitude. There are more walkers this weekend than ever seen before, roads are full of caravans, and cars loaded to gunwales with stuff as they go to their holiday homes.

OK the council charges extra for holiday homes so can't really complain, but with a caravan you have to fetch water and take waste away, and the ablution blocks are always a hive of activity, people having a shower etc. So there is no way they can avoid each other, and bad enough being stuck in house and gardens, can you see people staying inside the little box of a caravan.

2. AJJoiner

AJJoiner New Member

People aren't taking this seriously enough, government need to lock down asap! People all over taking their kids to the beach and on days out, treating this as some excuse to go on holiday. They just don't get it.

gadget man and Heat like this.
  3. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

Government have been trying to break it gently to the public to try to avoid panic, but this is serious and requires total lockdown where possible and for us to keep safe distance from everyone.
    Nothing wrong with going outdoors walking if you keep away from people.

gadget man likes this.
  4. MGW

MGW Screwfix Select

I watched a video of a row of cars on the way to one of the points where the Snowdon tracks start, then the person taking the video also parks. OK I can see the idea of going on a walk where unlikely to meet people, we will all likely need some exercise, but when the car park is full, one would expect people to carry on or turn back and find some where not over subscribed.

gadget man likes this.
  5. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Screwfix Select

You have witnessed the final fling before we are completely locked down by next Friday. The people on Snowden know that and it was a nice day, so they took their chances and had a day out, the last for some time.

PaulBlackpool likes this.
  6. sparky steve

sparky steve Screwfix Select

Or the last time for some?:(

Heat, Owd Midge and WillyEckerslike like this.
  7. MGW

MGW Screwfix Select

The idea was to slow down the spread, so hospitals can deal with what is required over a time period they can cope with, for people to do some thing to speed up the spread will mean people with likely die because the NHS is over stretched, but it is unfortunately unlikely to be those who treated the schools closing as a holiday for all that will die as a result of their actions, it will be some one who could not have a heart bypass operation as the NHS is over stretched.

I am self isolating not because I might catch it, but because if I do catch it, I will likely pass it to my wife, who will likely die if she catches it, some times one has to think of others.

8. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

People think because they have no underlying health condition that they will be fine, we don't know how many are dying from this virus that were healthy beforehand

Heat likes this.
  9. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

A 21 old girl from High Wycombe has died from Covid19. She had no underlying health conditions.

10. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

Maybe if government were more upfront about this virus then people may have been more careful

11. MGW

MGW Screwfix Select

I am very lucky, if my holiday had been due to start a week earlier I would have gone, as @Sparkielev says the government should have been more up front.

I am also lucky I have no need to leave house and garden, trying to get wife to understand we can do without milk and bread.

Son in law works in a supermarket, and I really feel sorry for him, lucky today supply transformer went, as all stock transferred to freezer trucks, and shop closed.