Corona virus Lockdown

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by koolpc, Mar 23, 2020.

1. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

I agree.

Thing is, will the warmer weather make it worse!?

2. peter palmer

peter palmer Screwfix Select

I'd like to think that I'm of the opinion that it will get better because it must get better, there can't be any other outcome that is acceptable, the warm weather will come, the virus will die and its business as usual.

however for some reason I've got a bad feeling about this, this shouldn't be a problem because all sorts of people spout hysterical ******** in times of crisis but what is worrying me, and I'm sure I'll come across as a big headed ****** but I've never been wrong yet about anything. I really do hope that I turn out to be the biggest ***** ever by mentioning this. Stay safe.

3. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

Had a mate come out of london yesterday, he booked two nights in a local travel lodge which kicked him out 3 hours ago because they will be using as a hospital.

The Teach likes this.
  4. AJJoiner

AJJoiner New Member

Still currently working on the refurb of a hospital ward, apparently we are to receive letters today from the NHS trust giving us key worker status. Not saying the ward will be used for coronavirus patient's but they appear to want the ward open for capacity.

Over heard the painter yesterday saying he's struggling to get supplies as his usual suppliers have closed. This could throw a spanner in the works.

5. The Teach

The Teach Screwfix Select

The more available beds the better,currently have the military creating an initial 500^ critical care beds in the London excel centre. The beds need clinicians etc and some of the local 5 minute walk away hotels have volunteered their entire hotel for key workers.
    Even have the Royal air force doing c130 training flights into the adjacent London city airport.

^500 initial,then ramped up to 2000 & a further 2000 (thats the current idea but may change very quickly) info from a returning nurse who will work there.

They are doing their very best,just wish others would do the same ;)

AJJoiner likes this.
  6. ajohn

ajohn Screwfix Select

23C didn't help Singapore and I'd assume some countries with it have been hotter.

sparko69 likes this.
  7. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Charlie boy has it now i see. Mild form apparently

8. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

If the warmer weather kills off the virus why is it called a Global Pandemic, didn't notice Australia being exempt!

Tangoman likes this.
  9. sparko69

sparko69 Screwfix Select

on Mother's Day people were advised to not even visit their elderly Mother and less than a week later you are allowed to volunteer for the NHS and deliver prescriptions for vulnerable people.. it's very confusing

longboat and WillyEckerslike like this.
  10. The volunteers will not be in contact with who they deliver to, and will leave the prescription at the door. The recipitent will then pick up the prescription after the volunteer has left. They would also be advised to wipe the parcel with wipes to stop any contamination if possible.

Tangoman likes this.
  11. sparko69

sparko69 Screwfix Select

I'm not sure anyone knows how it will work I'm just saying there is going to be contact somewhere along the line and there are stories of volunteers going to visit vulnerable people to cook and clean so they will then be in a strangers home when they were advised it would be unsafe to be in their own Mothers home..very confusing as I stated

12. I was only commenting on your post about delivering prescriptions and how it works, I can't comment on a scenario of people coming into homes as I do not know.

Even friends dropping off some shopping should leave it outside.

13. timotay

timotay Active Member

Johnbchiro on You Tube was ahead of the curve with Vit C about 8 to 10 days ago.
    Funny how a chriropractor seems to be ahead of our multi billion pound Government.
    His well researched ideas are well ahead of the curve on most things....I have been an avid fan for years.
    Look it up as you guys have some time to yourselves now. Unfortunately.

14. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

15. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

Although very sad only 41 deaths in the UK 28 in England today anyone find this confusing ?

16. peter palmer

28 - 28 deaths in England and 43 total today for the whole of the UK, although still tragic its down by 50% from yesterday, and whilst its still early days that's a massive drop from the previous 24 hrs.

No real headlines about it yet though as I assume they all had pre-written doom and gloom end of the world type ones when the figures were released. Scum.

Sparkielev, Muzungu and longboat like this.
  17. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

Bet nobody expected this, I really hope it isn't a one off and we have unexpectedly got on top of it, something still tells me the worst is still to come

Muzungu likes this.
  18. Tangoman

Tangoman Well-Known Member

You can't take anything from a single day's figures, e.g. Italy recorded 250 deaths on Mar 13, 175 on Mar 14, 368 on Mar 15.

It takes about 2 weeks for anything we do to impact the numbers dying, so the UK's numbers will likely hit 200/day sometime next week, and IF the current measures are working, I'd expect to peak the following week, hopefully at under 500, before starting to fall. But we may find that we aren't doing enough still.

19. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

On average for the whole of the UK about 1600 people die every day. At this time of year the figure is normally higher as seasonal flu nudges many more over the edge than in the summer months.
    Given the unprecedented response to this virus by many countries in the western world, either there's something they're not telling us or the world really is run by the media. MSM and social variants equally.
    I'd bet on the latter.
    The world's gone nuts.

20. peter palmer

Your own figures speak for themselves, Mar 13 was 4 days after their lockdown started, they were already into the hundreds of deaths, we are sill on less than 50 and it seems pretty static, yesterdays figures apparently were because one hospital submitted 4 days worth in one go, its not that today's figure is less than yesterdays but the fact that it hasn't increased exponentially is a massive plus.

I'm sure a lot of it is to do with lifestyle though, I've been to Italy and also stayed in Bergamo a few times, this is the City that was doing the rounds on TV with all the coffins lined up in the Churches. I've seen first hand how that City operates, although its very pretty thousands of people live on top of each other in medieval buildings probably 100 people touch the same front door every timemthey go out, everyone hugs and kisses each other every time they see them, Graffiti everywhere and generally a **** it attitude to general hygeine, althoug they do empty the bins every morning. Christ I was in the Irish bar and a teenage lad was practically fingering a girl on the seats opposite to us. Cram thousands of people into a tight space and bad **** will happen, its why London is so ****** with the CV at the minute and why our many villages wonder what all the fuss is about.

timotay and PaulBlackpool like this.