Are you supposed to see join lines on wallpaper?

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by Melissa, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Melissa

Melissa New Member

Hi on Monday I had my wallpaper done by a professional however I can see the join lines, this isn't right is it, I'll attach some pictures if I can. Also can it be fixed?

2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Is the paper very dark?

3. Melissa

Melissa New Member

No its cream colour with a pattern.

4. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

I ask as it is more common to see lines on a dark wallpaper than a light one, sounds like something is wrong. Is the paper a paste the wall product or one that the paper is pasted. A photo would help.

Melissa likes this.
  5. Melissa

Melissa New Member

It won't let me upload photos? Its saying too large??

6. Melissa

Melissa New Member

It won't let me upload photos? To big??

7. Melissa

Melissa New Member

Screenshot_20200325-215014_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20200325-215014_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20200325-215014_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20200325-215317_Gallery.jpg

Attached Files:

8. Melissa

Melissa New Member

Ok I've managed to do it please see pictures below, thanks.

9. Severntrent

Severntrent Screwfix Select

God that is ****, lining up the pattern would help, he is not a pro unless you mean a pro con man. Yes it can be fixed by starting again

Melissa likes this.
  10. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Pattern is very poorly matched and no it cannot be made any better except by starting again (as mentioned above) ....sorry the truth hurts but the paper should have been cut into the corner also.

What make of paper is it.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    Melissa likes this.
  11. Kas228

Kas228 Screwfix Select

That is shockingly bad wallpapering, even a diyer should do better than that.
    It’s been a while since I last papered but I would not be proud of that.
    Needs taking down and doing again by someone who knows how to align and hang paper

Melissa likes this.
  12. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Was the wallpaper applied over emulsion paint?

13. Melissa

Melissa New Member

Its Arthouse from the range it's nice and thick. The man said he'd come back around after the ban and have a look as it will just need re-rolling and gluing.

14. Melissa

Melissa New Member

***! He's got really good reviews! I'm so disappointed.

15. Melissa

Melissa New Member

Ok I thought it might just be me being picky, I'm glad for the expert confirmation, he said he'll come back around after the ban as it will just need re-rolling and gluing.
    Let's hope I manage to get my money back and the with the cost of the wallpaper

16. sparky steve

sparky steve Screwfix Select

The only review i would give him, would be, this guy can’t hang! but should be hungo_O
    He says will sort with a re-roll & glue? Obviously this guy has no clue?:( As mentioned above, believe it will need to be removed & start again.

To steal your money, a plan he will hatch,

Hanging wallpaper that he can’t match!

He claims he will sort, with a re-roll and glue,

When really he’s spouting a load of poo!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  17. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

The Lord Jesus could perform miracles but no way could he correct that mess. Arthouse is a quality paper I was expecting you to say it was a Laura Ashley paper. Perhaps a trip to Specsavers may be advised before he hangs anymore paper would be advised either that or hand his tools in to the local police station during the next amnesty week with no questions asked...Good luck and let us know the outcome.:confused:

Melissa and WillyEckerslike like this.
  18. TheMorg

TheMorg Active Member

Good reviews from where?

19. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

A friend of a friend of a bloke down the pub.

sparky steve likes this.
  20. Kas228

Kas228 Screwfix Select

Really feel for you as presumably this has cost a fair amount. Hope you can get some positive outcome from this. Have you paid in full?