Bath tap connection

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by DJBlack, Mar 26, 2020.

1. DJBlack

DJBlack New Member

Hi everyone, i'm new here - going to spend the next 3 months doing some DIY !!

I have bought a bath tap (wall mounted) from B&Q, and it has come with these connection pieces

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

The large end of this connector fit onto the tap itself (the tap has a nice rubber washer on it) but nothing has been attached with it to connect to the mains 15mm end.

I have found a 15mm nut and olive from another project I have lined up and done a "dry run" but the nut only goes on half a turn before it gets tight - I'm not sure if this is right, or if there is another type of connection that is better on this fitting.

Sorry to be asking a novice/dumb question

2. cleggie

cleggie Active Member

the largest thread piece goes to the bath connector.the nut and olive goes on the small thread with the copper pipe in it that supplies the water

3. DJBlack

DJBlack New Member

Thanks, although the nut and olive in the photo didn't come with the bath tap, and as i said above it doesn't seem to screw up enough....

4. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

5. DJBlack

DJBlack New Member

Thanks very much, this is exactly what I was looking for! I could tell something wasnt correct about the nut and olive fitting on there

teabreak likes this.
  6. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Just one point if buying a shower bar make sure the threads are ½" as some might be ¾" then it would need bushing down, so more joints to leak!. ;)

7. Joe the Plumber

Joe the Plumber Screwfix Select

For goodness sake throw those things in the bin and buy a proper mounting kit. They are the work of the devil and WILL leak in your wall.

Screwfix part number 8669H is probably what you need.

Deleted member 25896 likes this.
  8. Absolutely Joe, they are bloody useless things and I always bin them!

Joe the Plumber likes this.
  9. DJBlack

DJBlack New Member

Thanks for your help guys, I will bin them connectors and get a 3/4inch shower bar

10. dcox

dcox Screwfix Select

I use the Marflow Shower Pl8 and always found them very good.

151989D6-2AC4-404D-B4EB-7389A2C00392.jpeg

WillyEckerslike likes this.