Can't place click and collect order. Website not right

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by barbaricduck, Mar 27, 2020.

1. barbaricduck

barbaricduck Active Member

If any admin or folks who work for Screwfix are reading then I have just tried to place a click and collect order. It goes through all the normal steps but when you click to pay, it says the city is missing from delivery address. Both items were listed as for collection not delivery.
    Also I have had to reset my password twice in the last half hour as it kept signing me out and saying password is incorrect.
    I tried to change my address details but it wouldn't let me as once you put in your postcode it's a drop down box to click on your full address, so I couldn't add a city...

Stay safe everyone..

2. nigel willson

nigel willson Screwfix Select

What have you tried to order. As I’m lead to believe you can only order certain stuff for emergency works! Can’t order a lawn mover for example

3. masterdiy

masterdiy Screwfix Select

No Problem.
    Water your grass with beer.

It comes up half cut. :)

I'll go get me coat.;)

longboat and Jord86 like this.
  4. barbaricduck

Yeah I appreciate that. It was an RCD and breaker to replace burnt out ones for customer. Brand not stocked at eddy's. It was through electricfix rather than Screwfix also. I'm putting it down to technical issues, it was pretty odd..

5. nigel willson

nigel willson Screwfix Select

Would have thought would be ok. It sounded similar to someone trying to buy a mower yesterday. Have you tried ringing them

barbaricduck likes this.
  6. barbaricduck

I didn't, I ended up with a work around that will suffice for a few weeks easily. Told customer to get in touch if needed before then. Trying to not work at the min so didn't want to hang around.. thanks for your input though..

7. Stanfixer

Stanfixer New Member

I reported this very same issue to the Screwfix helpdesk two weeks ago. It took them a whole week to fix it. I managed to order eventually last Saturday, and pickup on Tuesday (delivery to store was 24hours late) just as the COVID-19 lockdown started. When I called she said it was a known issue (was listed on her screen from a previous report), so I am surprised it is back yet again.

They do have IT issues though at times. They couldn't find one of my orders when I needed to return something earlier in the year (within 30 day window).

8. David Newman

David Newman New Member

I've had the same, went through the complete process of ordering some plumbing stuff, for delivery. The payment went through to my bank, got the verification code back by text from NatWest and paid Screwfix in the normal way.
    The items are still in my Shopping basket and I have a red text at the end off my order saying *City not added correctly.
    Had a similar problem with B&Q Trade, not the City thing, I made the payment and items are still in my Shopping basket ..... stated to worry until I checked on line banking, payment has not been made to Screwfix or B&Q.
    On B&Q items that are not allowed to purchase are grayed out on the site