Corona virus Lockdown

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by koolpc, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

Pot noodle for me

2. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

I down graded to pizza.

3. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

You cook it yourself ? Pot noodle is the limit of my culinary skills, although I did make a cheese and ham sandwich once

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  4. timotay

timotay Active Member

What's the difference between a fake sex addict and someone who uses fake names to get free noodles?
    One's a pseudo-nymphomaniac, the other's a pseudonym-pho-maniac!

5. FUNDIMOLD

FUNDIMOLD Active Member

Whats the difference between a barrow boy and a dog with no back legs?
    One bawls out his wears.......

6. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

I used to cover up my farts with a cough.
    Now I cover up my coughs with a fart.

I didn't hear this on here did I?

7. Joe the Plumber

Joe the Plumber Screwfix Select

8. PaulBlackpool

Sorry I thought it might be some computer guy in Arizona.:oops::)

9. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

Well wishes to all.

I hope I'm wrong in my thinking that the furlough as been deferred to June for a sinister reason.

10. sparky steve

sparky steve Screwfix Select

No you didn’t, you read it;)

PaulBlackpool likes this.
  11. PaulBlackpool

OK Hairsplitter.;)
    The computer guy from Arizona on Youtube is Carey Holzman Who builds big gaming and other powerful P C's if anyone is interested.
    It must be him that said early on in this :eek:THING:eek: over there ;- " Why do people buy so much toilet paper.
    The answer is that if anyone coughs the nearest 20 people near them "poop" themselves.
    (Does not sound as good when you can't write ****)

12. PaulBlackpool

Has it been extended?

13. timotay

timotay Active Member

Thought this was pertinent...and a bit of levity. One of my favourite RD sketches.
    So if anyone does know the King of the Potato People...he might be able to help ?

14. freddyhayz

freddyhayz New Member

I NEED one single tin of slate deck stain to finish a landscaping job (alone btw before you start) before I can be paid for it, seeing as both me and my wife are self employed I would class that one single tin of stain as absolutely essential to feed ourselves over the next few MONTHS wouldn't you??

Yet I can't buy it as sadly it's not an essential item to most.....and seeing as I have already stained over 80% in this particular product I am pretty much knackered!

15. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

16. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

That’s your bet? I’d have bet that epidemiologists understand enough maths to project where this was going (what are we up to? 1000 deaths per day?).

But blame the MSM if you want - however. I’d suggest the response was “unprecedented” because this virus was unprecedented. But there again, I’m as clueless as most of the McExperts on here too.

Anyway. Hello again everybody.

Wash your hands. Stay two metres away from chavs. Don’t eat any bats. (Whether there’s a coronavirus or not).

17. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

Just to put some context to this. See attached the latest total weekly death figures for this year (includes covid deaths) from the office for national statistics. Note that this is up to 27th March so does not include the figures, obviously, from the last two weeks; clearly nothing noticeable up to the 27th March. This graph includes everything up to and including the first four days of the lockdown.
    Next week's and the week after's figures will therefore show the "real" increase due to covid, we should see a substantial spike. I will put these up as they come in for context. upload_2020-4-10_9-14-12.png

Crowsfoot and longboat like this.
  18. MGW

MGW Screwfix Select

To me the big question is, I got a temperature, but did I get coronavirus? It seems unlikely, only time I have been out is to the doctors, did try to cancel only needed B12 injection, not having it is not life threatening, but told must come in and get it, only person I have seen other than my wife is the nurse at the doctors, I had been isolated a good 14 days before seeing her, and if she had the virus the doctor should be phoning anyone who has seen the nurse to see if OK, specially some one of 79, so it seems highly unlikely I have caught it as being doing exactly as government has said for over 80's OK not over 80 but followed that advice. So if I have had the symptoms and it is unlikely I have caught coronavirus then people who could catch it can also get symptoms and have not caught it, so we have a load of people who think they have caught it and recovered, and have waited the 14 days, walking around thinking they are now immune, but they never got it in the first place, so are at risk.

Maybe the nurse I have seen has not been tested, in which case there was a system failure. If she has given it to me, then likely I will have given it to my wife, the whole reason I stopped doing voluntary work was my wife is diabetic so at risk, and I did not want to take it home to her. That is another point, just as it was all starting my wife was due to get more tablets, she asked for 3 months supply which she always got from last doctor, so she would not need to return, and could stay in quarantine, this was refused, also home delivery refused, so every month we have to go to doctors, in these times it is the only time we go out, so if we get coronavirus finger points direct to NHS, or at least one small bit of it.

I think there are some very brave people working for the NHS, who are saving lives every day, but is it that hard to issue 3 months supply or deliver, North Wales both 3 months supply and delivered that was before coronavirus, Mid Wales neither.

19. timotay

timotay Active Member

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...paddling-pools-soar-ahead-four-day-break.html

Does this mean SF and TS are now legally ok to supply it's trade customers with whatever is in stock ?
    (altho they may not be restocking so regularly)
    Allowing self employed guys to earn a living ...and the rest of the DIYers of the nation to get on with jobs they now have time for without putting ANYONE in danger (apart from themselves as usual)

20. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

Welcome back.
    There was something I wanted to ask you (being more cleverer than me) but I'm blowed if I can remember what it was now. It will come to me...

Will you be bringing back any of the other 'missing'....? It's been a bit dull sometimes without the farcical v reasonable exchanges!