OUT OF STOCK

Discussion in 'Screwfix Trade Counters' started by zider, Aug 19, 2008.

1. zider

zider New Member

visited trade counter today for a box of 4 inch screws,
    sorry out of stock, assistant just laughed when she told me this , as a regular, it happens nearly every time i try at S F.
    now not a regular customer.
    so i drove to TOOLSTATION counter 4 miles away .you guesed it , yes sir how many boxes, and cheaper.
    S.F. do not care. so why should i
    Also! they say they will price promise others prices.
    I found a cenment mixer cheaper at B & Q. but when i asked them to match the price, they said NO! it was a special price and they do not match this.

2. wtf m8

wtf m8 New Member

why do you ***** and moan av u no other life other than to place feed bak on screw forum

3. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

wtf m8 ...Loz is back?

4. Everhard Threlfall

Everhard Threlfall New Member

that was a very good move, do it more often

5. D.A Harvey Dent

D.A Harvey Dent New Member

Outrageous as D.A i will engage this crisis an get to the bottom of it wiv bat man

6. Roki

Roki New Member

My local TC is Cambridge, there are two people in there who ARE helpful, all the rest are the "why the %^&$ should i care, i get paid whatever". I ALWAYS phone the counter to check first.

Everytime something is out of stock, they say "well we can get it for tomorrow", i reply "me to, i'll go online"!

if they do have the item in stock, they 9 times out 10 bring the wrong thing out, 'cos "it was on the wrong shelf" (ordered an SDS bit, got presented with a bag of 15mm brass t-joints!!!).

And when you do get there, you can sure be the only person, and it still takes 20 minutes, 'cos they're are standing about chattin' or you can here them pi%$^ng about out the back.

Cambridge should have a few visits from mystery shoppers from H/O!!! at least they might buck their ideas up for a short time.

7. Tony_montana

Tony_montana New Member

Everything is out of stock and screwfix its a common fault. And latest news has it that they havent got any screws left so guess what, screwfix will soon be call gluefix.

8. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

9. Semajx

Semajx New Member

or phone ahead... saves time and disappointment

apparently the factory's in China that supplied the screws for Screwfix got shutdown because of the Olympics or something :S but i have been reassured there sorting it out? let's hope so

10. G Brown

G Brown New Member

or phone ahead... saves time and disappointment

Why?

It's Screwfix's job to hold stock.

I'm the customer, I expect it to be in stock!

11. Semajx

Semajx New Member

ok so screwfix claim they have 10k items, if a TC held lets say 10 of each items then it would be 100,000 units, do you REALLY expect a small TC to hold that much..... honestly?

they do offer next day delivery i believe, which i know isn't always helpful, but as i have already said if in item is that important where you defiantly need it for that day then just phone up. simple :)

12. dddd

dddd New Member

Out of stock is a regular thing at Screwfix. They list things online that you simply cannot buy from them. Useless.

13. dddd

dddd New Member

Try a "Low to High" price search for LED GU10 bulbs. Most of the first 20 products are not even available. It's a waste of time looking. Screwfix really need a filter button for "Items in stock at your local store".

DIY womble likes this.
  14. Timbo66

Timbo66 Active Member

Bit like the price breaks.
    Cheaper price for 3, only got 2 in stock.

15. greenback78

greenback78 Active Member

Lots of new members here. Wonder if they have similar IP addresses... ?

16. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Not new members - the opposite in-fact

Look at the dates on the posts :)

greenback78 likes this.