Spot light trouble

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Ricketts0216, May 22, 2020.

1. Ricketts0216

Ricketts0216 New Member

F5ECA656-88A9-4738-946E-44898EA5C176.jpeg Hello all I’ve got trouble with a really annoying spotlight that is my kitchen with JC number JC94198.

It has been flickering for so long so finally decided to take it down and replace the bulb however it just won’t come apart.

It’s got a metal rim, the bulb is inside this and on the back is a black box.

Can’t seem to remove the the bulb or rim at all it won’t budge. If anyone can help would be appreciated.

(won’t let me add many pictures keeps saying it’s too big to upload)

2. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Is it an LED fitting ? Some fittings have integral LED's and you have to replace the complete fitting !! Don't know what type yours is.

Ricketts0216 likes this.
  3. Comlec

Comlec Screwfix Select

This fitting has an integrated lamp. It does not come apart.

You need to replace the whole fitting. Probably not what you wanted to hear.

Just stick JC94198 into Google and search for a replacement.

This is why many will recommend using fittings with a replaceable lamp and not integrated fittings

Ricketts0216 likes this.
  4. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

Think they the old JCC fittings either 3 watt or 6watt had a a guarantee for 10 yr but discontinued after about 2 because they were cak

Ricketts0216 likes this.
  5. You have been unlucky and been sold integrated fittings, which means you will have to replace the fitting. You might be better changing them all at this stage for fittings that are not integrated and take GU10 lamps, before they all go.
    If you want to swap it is it brushed nickel?
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/c/1917355665

Ricketts0216 likes this.
  6. Ricketts0216

Ricketts0216 New Member

I can’t find the exact one though, so would that mean I would have to replace all of them because otherwise that wouldn’t look very good? :(

7. Ricketts0216

Ricketts0216 New Member

Yeah this one is 3 watt

8. Comlec

Comlec Screwfix Select

If you want them all to look the same (decoratively) that will probably be your only option. If you want the light output to look the same then you may find a match to brightness and colour temperature but could prove difficult.

Ricketts0216 likes this.
  9. Ricketts0216

Ricketts0216 New Member

Does this mean I would have to replace every one of them? Can’t fine the exact same one and would stick out if I got a different one

But yeah I might have to look at different ones as don’t want to have to replace the whole thing every time

10. Comlec

Comlec Screwfix Select

11. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

If they were registered with JCC then they might help you out, but as comlec says try contacting them