What adhesive for glass/mirror tiles

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by drive, May 21, 2020.

1. drive

drive Member

Can someone recommend an adhesive for glass/mirror tiles. Tiles has kind of protection paint at the back side. It's not a massive job (60x120cm) but I don't want to use one of those "tube" silicone based adhesive. Any recommendations? Thanks

2. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Mirror adhesive. Comes in mastic tube..

Or sticky pads

Or white star tile adhesive. Maybe

Not sure what you want to do. Are these in a wet shower or on bedroom walls

3. FlyByNight

FlyByNight Screwfix Select

4. drive

drive Member

It's gonna by in our hallway.

5. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Mirror sticky pads then. Or you can use mirror mastic. It's a polymer not silicone. Hold in place with frog yellow to stop the slide. Only trouble with pads is it's instant grab. Hard to get in correct position

6. FlyByNight

As linked above - right material for the job.

7. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Ah. I flick through posts a bit quick and answer. Sometimes missing the fact question had already been answered. I also try link to forum sponsors vs others just to play fair. I've bought both mirror mastic and pads from Screwfix.

8. FlyByNight

Looks as though they now stock one: https://www.screwfix.com/p/geocel-trade-mate-mirror-fix-white-310ml/95057

The OP needs to remember - prepare the surface and use it in accordance with instructions. Then WAIT. Also, if you do not mind having two holes to repair, screw batten to the wall below which will stop vertical slide and use tap to position left to right and ensure it is properly aligned

WillyEckerslike and Wayners like this.
  9. drive

drive Member

10. FlyByNight

What is te point?

You come here asking for advice, you get good advice from Wayners and myself and then ignore it with a suggestion to use a totally inappropriate adhesive that even the instruction say should not be used.

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  11. drive

drive Member

Where exactly the instruction say that?
    Adesilex P10 is designed for glass tile, glass mosaic and marble mosaic, and is ideal for light translucent natural stone. Mix with MAPEI's KeraplyTM for increased performance and submerged installations.

12. FlyByNight

Read the data sheet:

Do not use Adesilex P10 in the following cases:• on wood or wooden conglomerates;• on metal, rubber, PVC or linoleum surfaces

At what are mirrors backed with? Metal.

13. drive

drive Member

Read my first question:

Tiles has kind of protection paint at the back side.

These are proper tiles, not just a mirror with foil.