Replacing a floodlight

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Asha, May 22, 2020.

1. Asha

Asha New Member

Hi, I was hoping someone could help me, what do I need to buy to replace the entire light fitting for this floodlight?

Ideally, I wanted an led replacement which fits on the same way so I don't need to drill new holes or anything, and I can just wire it up. When I search, I can only find floodlights which are attached by the back squared frame.

Photos below.

Kind regards,

Ash

Screenshot_20200522_211703_com.whatsapp.jpg Screenshot_20200522_211515_com.whatsapp.jpg

2. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

It doesn't work like that, Asha. You will need to drill holes to mount the bracket and make some changes to the conduit. Best get a sparky.

3. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Screwfix Select

Ash, I am amazed that the light is still in place. PVC conduit and one PVC spacer bar saddle as support. Pvc conduit is not intended to support any weight other than the cables inside it.

4. quasar9

quasar9 Screwfix Select

You may find one on eBay, but as people have said above, existing installation is poor, and needs to be made good. You are lucky it’s not fallen down in the high winds we have had recently. It’s not a difficult job and plenty of you tube videos that show you how, but if you are not confident or have the tools get a electrician or a competent tradesman.

5. Asha

Asha New Member

Thank you everyone! I'll definitely just replace it properly with an electrician. The house came with it like this when I moved in. Few other electrical issues so I think the previous owner skimped out.

Ash

6. Timbo66

Timbo66 Active Member

That's an interesting idea, never thought of replacing a floodlight with an electrician!

7. Asha

Asha New Member

Using* haha!

8. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

Make sure he has a head torch before making him go up the ladder!