pipe query

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Foxer7, May 23, 2020.

1. Foxer7

Foxer7 Member

Hi guys I’ve got a soil pipe coming out of concrete in a bathroom and due to a redesign is it not needed anymore (see image) so I was planning on capping it just below floor level and covering with screed when I went to the builders merchants the only thing they have to cap a cut soil pipe was a collar and closer which is huge so that means a lot of kangoing has anybody got something that may be smaller and a little less work

Cheers

Attached Files:

2. candoabitofmoststuff

candoabitofmoststuff Screwfix Select

I don't know what the regs are... but couldn't you just use the closer without the collar?

Cando

3. Abrickie

Abrickie Screwfix Select

McAlpine DC4-BL Screwfix sell them

4. kiaora

kiaora Guest

Hi
    It’s possible, to get a good grip on the pipe and simple pull it out the fitting lower down ? then just fit the plug on the hole!

Just a thought

good luck
    Peter

5. Foxer7

Foxer7 Member

The pipe diameter and closer are the same size that was my plan first day but seems the collar is needed

6. Foxer7

Foxer7 Member

Unfortunately no as the radon barrier is attached and below concrete is 4 inch insulation etc thanks though

7. Foxer7

Foxer7 Member

This could be a goer cheers you reckon that would seal it permanently below floor level for good

8. Abrickie

Abrickie Screwfix Select

Oh yes ;)

9. Foxer7

Foxer7 Member

Excellent cheers