Kitchen supplier suggestion....

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by richc1234, Jun 21, 2020.

1. richc1234

richc1234 Member

Hi, wife is hounding me for new kitchen
    I fitted a mixture of bits previously when focus DIY shutdown down years ago and mixed with Cooke and Lewis doorsfdoors b&q.

Want to upgrade to a shaker style but to save a bit will consider keeping most the carcasses. Can anyone recommend a half decent supplier where I can buy doors and panels. Havent got any trade account with Howdens. grey or blue colour. Thanks..

2. candoabitofmoststuff

candoabitofmoststuff Screwfix Select

A couple of years ago, when considering doing something similar I found a company in Sawbridgeworth, that has a small showroom you can visit;
    https://www.hotdoors.co.uk/
    In the end I didn't use them as we did go for a complete refit on the kitchen in question, but I'd visited the showroom and they had a decent selection, and If I remember correctly they will also make to size, and have a pre-drilling option for hinges.
    And the prices were decent as well, top end and budget end available.
    Good luck,
    Cando

3. Mancone

Mancone Member

I was impressed with DIY Kitchens

4. richc1234

richc1234 Member

Thanks, must admit my internet research this afternoon seems to have led me to diykitchens,
    I’d prefer an over the counter solution really in case I needed any extra bits etc but think I could get a bit better value with their products, Will have a look at some samples

5. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Sigma 3 kitchens are quite good, fitted a couple over the years, prefer them to the usual suspects like Howdens, Wren, B&Q etc.

6. Mancone

Mancone Member

Yes that’s my issue at the moment as I’m not confident buying. They have a planner but again it’s a £350 min.

7. stevie22

stevie22 Screwfix Select

Plus one for Hotdoors: have had 2 kitchens doored by them: great choice and value and very helpful.

Fitted to B&Q carcasses both times

WillyEckerslike and Mancone like this.
  8. Mancone

Mancone Member

Oh yes why don’t we buy carcass separately!

9. richc1234

richc1234 Member

I looked at b&q's new range of cabinets and the reviews are terrible.

10. stevie22

stevie22 Screwfix Select

I think the new improved joint screws are a retrograde step though they are quicker to put together. That said they are a Contiboard box at the end of the day.

11. Creek

Creek Member

Have a look at IKEA kitchens.
    Considering purchasing one myself as the price beats everyone else I got quotes from. They have a good online design tool which helps price up your kitchen.
    Not sure of the quality hence why I not purchased so far.

12. Mancone

Mancone Member

Quality is bad

13. Timbo66

Timbo66 Active Member

Beware IKEA - no service void and plinth is much lower than UK standard, means you can't fit a kickspace heater in there.

Also, the Germans say IKEA stands for Idioten Kaufen Eben Alles, which loosely translates to Idiots will buy anything.

Jord86 and Mancone like this.
  14. Wobbywobwob

Wobbywobwob New Member

15. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

kitchendoorworkshop AFAIK use ba components doors which I have used before and are decent vynil or acrylic covered doors. They will make in any size so are a good option for a refit. I get mine from https://www.discountkitchenfactory.co.uk/

I have also used DIY kitchens for a painted timber shaker style door and were nice quality with a tough paint finish.

Mancone likes this.
  16. filb

filb New Member

This company is good: https://dixondoors.co.uk - These guys are very helpful and will do anything for you. If you are looking for something bespoke rather than standard sizes they can do it. If you need to replace something, they will also colour match.