Toilet connect grey water waste to pipe to existing pipe?!?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Don1, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Don1

Don1 New Member

DSC_0165~3.JPG Hi, this is my first post...Have this amazing Royal Daulton toilet in an outhouse. I wish to install my washing machine in barn next door, obviously toilet waste water pipe is porcelain, so cant connect here, and I don't really want to change the toilet.. Can it be done is there a fixing that I could connect to cistern pipe and grey water run into the bowl? My only other option is to drain into a large dustbin in garden and manually remove the water.. not great in winter! Any ideas? Many Thanks :)

2. FlyByNight

FlyByNight Screwfix Select

An interesting idea - one of the plumbers may be better to comment. Then I just imagined you sitting there when the washing machine decides to empty and soap suds appearing from everywhere around you! No need for a bidet.

3. Don1

Don1 New Member

Now that's an good point.. Lol ... Outside loo hardly used be great when I have parties and for lockdown... No need to come in house! I need this to work, so any help/advice gratefully received :)

4. kiaora

kiaora Guest

Hi
    It’s a bit unconventional, but if the toilet is not used a lot, hook the end of the hose over the rim of the toilet,

as long as the end is not actually in the pan, it will work ok, ?

good luck
    Peter

5. sparky steve

sparky steve Screwfix Select

unconventional bum gun installation been suggested i think?:rolleyes:

6. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Can you change the pan connector over for one with a boss?
    Like this.
    ae235.jpeg

7. Look at the pic Longboat, it doesn't have a pan connector, it's old skool!

8. Don1

Don1 New Member

Thanks for your responses... Kiaora... I'd rather have a connector to that pipe rather than hose over seat, purely because if its used and I don't put pipe back I've got a flood on my hands, plus isn't height of seat too low for pipe from washing machine...

This is what the whole pipe looks like... Soz they on their side
    DSC_0164.JPG DSC_0166.JPG DSC_0164.JPG

9. ramseyman

ramseyman Screwfix Select

You won't be able to connect to that pipe. Even if you could fit a TEE in it when you flush the toilet the water from the cistern would attempt to flow back to the washing machine, even if you had an antisyphon trap. The only real option is to connect to the pipe from the back of the pan but the photos don't show that and it probably goes vertically direct to a clay or ceramic pipe so that's not an option

10. FlyByNight

Is there not a hand basin close by?

11. The Teach

The Teach Screwfix Select

Could fit a new wc so the waste bend with a 40mm connection,consider the wc flush filling the wm hose :(

12. Don1

Don1 New Member

Thanks guys for all your help, gutted it cant be done, really don't want to replace this lovely toilet,
    Ramseyman yes back of pan is ceramic & going vertically into a good sealed clay pipe.

Mike58 no hand basin unfortunately. Use sanitising gel. But would have liked a sink too

Only other option I thought of was to vent pipe thru back of outhouse & have a large bin in garden to collect grey water... fine in summer but not so in winter when its yucky weather...

if I HAD TO change the toilet would this work? 2020-07-06 (2).png red bin.jpg

Any other ideas??

13. FlyByNight

14. The Teach

The Teach Screwfix Select

That china is only value to yourself,hey its just a toilet :cool:
    https://www.gracesguide.co.uk/Doulton_and_Co
    But,if its in good condition they are a sought after (used) toilet. Some will pay top prices for an original Doulton. sort of item a buyer will pay £200+ and they collect.

If it adds value to your property,have a new china wc from china,with a waste adaptor. Its your property to enjoy :)

15. Joe the Plumber

Joe the Plumber Screwfix Select

I think you could change the flush pipe and fit a 'T' in the vertical part. You'd have to run a pipe sideways from it and up the side of the cistern, and have the washing machine hose going into that.

As long as the new pipe is at least a bit higher than the top of the overflow outlet on the cistern, it won't overflow, and yes, you may get a bit of the clean flush water into it, but it will drain back into the pan.

You may find you can't get a fitting that is the right size to fit onto the existing flush pipe, in which case you can probably make up a complete new flush pipe using push fit waste fittings. It will take a bit of trial and error, but I'm sure it's possible.

16. FlyByNight

That is what I thought originally, however, not having your level of expertise, I was not sure if it would work. If it does, it would be the right solution.
    #

17. Don1

Don1 New Member

OMGOSH really, do you really think its possible, I'm so thrilled I may be able to sort this... Thank you Joe the plumber and all of you for taking time out to help me... now to see if its possible to source a pipe and fittings.. YAY!

It doesn't add value, it is original daulton and has possibly been there since the cottage was built in 1901, that's all..Why change something that isnt broken? ;)