Woodscrew Recommendations.

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Sohail Ahmed, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Sohail Ahmed

Sohail Ahmed Member

Hi to All,

This is for a shed project, will be using 3X2" timber. So far the ones i have short listed are the Goldscrew Plus or Forgefast Multi Purpose Woodscrews.

Have also looked at the Reisser Cutters and the Screw-tite 2's. Any feedback or recommendations will be much appreciated.

Ta.

2. FlyByNight

FlyByNight Screwfix Select

My preference - Reisser Cutter.

Sohail Ahmed and Abrickie like this.
  3. 4" galvanised wire nails, no need for screws.

Jord86 and Sohail Ahmed like this.
  4. Aj 2012

Aj 2012 Member

I've been using the forgefast and I cant complain. Havnt snapped a single one yet from a large multi pack I bought!

5. Sohail Ahmed

Sohail Ahmed Member

Are you using the regular ones or the elite?

6. Kevin Adams

Kevin Adams New Member

You're right to be using screws - I would go for the cheapest with a good pozi bit. Reisser screws are an absolute joy, but you're going to need quite a few and are an unnecessary expense for a shed - even a beautiful one!

7. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

It's a shed mate, as Deleted member 11267 has stated, use 4" galvanised wire nails to build the framework and roof, and use 2- 2 1/2" galvanised wire nails for any sheathing material. Save your money on screws and build up your dexterity using a hammer.

Deleted member 11267 likes this.
  8. Aj 2012

Aj 2012 Member

I think just the regular?

I honestly wouldn't over think it , as many have said you could get away with using nails , and in many ways nails may be better.

9. Sohail Ahmed

Sohail Ahmed Member

Went with the regular ones in the end. Correct! "Don't over think it".

10. Sohail Ahmed

Sohail Ahmed Member

Went for some of these as well, let's see how I get on:)