People just don't get it do they...

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by unphased, Aug 1, 2020.

1. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Wearing a mask walking along the street where there is nobody else about. They just don't get it do they. Wearing a mask driving along in a car on their own. They just don't get it do they. And to think they vote at elections...

2. Squashrobinson

Squashrobinson Active Member

I don't blame people for not "getting it"
    Masks supposedly offered no advantage, and are now being touted as critical to our recovery.
    The messages we've been given have been an absolute mess.

3. Bobby Dazzler

Bobby Dazzler Active Member

As long as these people continue to wear the mask, when and where they are supposed to, what's the harm? What's the problem?
    I have several times put on my mask in the house, walked across the drive, got into the car and driven to my destination, wearing my mask, and continued to wear it where I was supposed to.
    Where's the problem?

I could fully understand anyone complaining about others not wearing the mask when they are supposed to, but to complain about people wearing their mask unnecessarily, is bizarre.
    I simply wear my mask on my face because that is the most convenient, and the safest place for it (as opposed to carrying it in my hand).
    Perhaps the secret is in finding a mask that is comfortable and not inconvenient. Masks will be around for a while, I fear. We might as well put some effort in finding a comfortable and secure mask to wear.

Additionally, it might not be their car that they are driving.

4. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Wearing a mask is supposed to protect others, not the wearer. So why would people wear a mask when they ere not within 2m of anyone? They look total plonkers. They appear to think they are protecting themselves. What's the problem? Total lack of intelligence. Masks are of limited affect anyway. People have bullied the populace in to giving them credence. Copying what they see in China on the news.

5. Squashrobinson

Squashrobinson Active Member

You were on a DIY store internet forum at ten to midnight on a Saturday night in the summer.

Ian Atkins likes this.
  6. spirits are real 2016

spirits are real 2016 Screwfix Select

I dont and never will wear a mask on buses and in shops..

7. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

You are one of the plonkers then squash...and bobby dazzler. Probably the same mentality of the bog roll raiders. OMG there's a virus lets cover our faces and buy up all the bog roll.

8. spirits are real 2016

spirits are real 2016 Screwfix Select

I cant wear one due to servere medical conditions and im exempt from wearing one..

9. Bobby Dazzler

An additional consideration is, when wearing a mask, before I remove it, I use hand sanitiser. Therefore by default, if I exit a shop wearing the mask, and have no access to hand sanitiser, I'll continue to wear the mask until I reach home.

10. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Why remove it, Bobby? Why not wear it all the time around the house? Fill your boots.

11. Kas228

Kas228 Screwfix Select

What a ridiculous thing to say, why not wear a mask waking along the street if the individual wants to, how do you know someone is just round the corner and it saves having to put it on and off. If there happy leave them be, each to there own as the saying goes. As for “looking like plonkers”......

Hfs and Deleted member 11267 like this.
  12. Bobby Dazzler

You are resorting to an absurd argument now. It's completely unnecessary.

13. nigel willson

nigel willson Screwfix Select

Simple. If we wear them and it’s not doing good ,not a problem.NOT wearing one and it does work , big problem.

14. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

People just don't get it, do they. Thats the whole point of my post. Its dropped from a COVID-19 virus pandemic down to all about masks. Wearing masks is the bottom line. I think washing hands is a revelation to some. They've never bothered up until now. Its an extraordinarily absurd society. Isn't Deleted member 11267? Like that one.

15. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Maintaining your distance from people. I've had people physically put their hands up as you approach them in blind panic. Lol.

16. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Have you seen the pulling of t-shirts up over the face brigade. Whats that all about? They just don't get it do they. Its now a case of wear anything over the face just to 'blend in' copy everyone else. The COVID 19 problem is now all about covering the face. It won't do anything whatsoever to stop the virus but hey it looks like we are all doing something at least to combat the disease. I swear there will be some who continue to wear face coverings years after the pandemic has gone. They just don't get it do they.

17. Bobby Dazzler

Only to those who appear to have a morbid dislike of wearing masks, IMO.
    Those who don't mind wearing them, are happy to see it as a small contribution towards the wider objective.

18. Bobby Dazzler

I believe everyone accepts it's about preventing the spread of the virus.

19. What have I got to do with your inane ranting this morning, by mentioning me in a post? you and our resident troll seem to have the same aversion to masks, which are needed to try and help the spread of the virus.
    Sensible people will wear them.

WillyEckerslike, Hfs and Jord86 like this.
  20. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Bottom line it's about 'Control' and re-setting the money markets and selling the redundant masks the Gov.uk purchased from Turkey that were no good.....who's the Turkey now?

Peri Lomax 2 and Garry Strang 2 like this.