Mini dumper for moving concrete?

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by AshRich, Aug 18, 2020.

1. AshRich

AshRich New Member

Hi,

Is using a mini dumper a feasible solution for moving ready-mix concrete? It looks like it is increasingly becoming my only option.

I need to move 2.1m³ of concrete for a shed/workshop/garage base about 90m from the roadside. There is access up a road but it won't accommodate a heavy vehicle...and it's not ours.

The concrete will be on site 45mins and charged hourly after that..

Doable in that time or unlikely? I've fond a 1 tonne dumper but not sure how much you can fill them going up and down slopes?!

Something like this
    https://sales.coppard.co.uk/products/slanetrac-ht1000-diesel/

Cheers!

2. Abrickie

Abrickie Screwfix Select

3 blokes, 3 barrows, 45 minutes enough time for a cuppa halfway through :rolleyes:

Kitfit likes this.
  3. ginger tuffs

ginger tuffs Screwfix Select

price up for ready mix to be pumped

4. AshRich

AshRich New Member

That was my first option. Apparently my garden wouldn't allow for it. Over 45m needed to be a line pump? And my garden is a hill.

5. Mobo1414

Mobo1414 New Member

Our dumper carries approx 3/4 of a m3 Concrete at a time so aye we’ve done it before no hassles

6. AshRich

AshRich New Member

Thanks!

That makes me feel a bit more optimistic!

7. stevie22

stevie22 Screwfix Select

I'm with Abrickie on this. You can move a lot of concrete in barrows in short order but it pays to set your stall out ahead of time.

I would always go with the mobile batch plant then no waste and concrete is (a) fresh & (b) exactly the workability you want. These rigs usually have a barrow or 2 on board: check. You will find pneumatic tyres ride better than solid but only if pumped up. What is the ground like? If soft get some boards to form barrow runs.

Get plenty of help and a rake of beer for after. Good luck!

Built2last likes this.
  8. David Hatim

David Hatim Active Member

Definitely mini 3/4 ton dumper, you will do that easily in the time. Probably cheaper and definitely more reliable than a couple of mates.

9. Cienapotr

Cienapotr New Member

How much concrete are you planning to transfer?

10. FlyByNight

FlyByNight Screwfix Select

I would not worry - It has probably now cured into a 4 tonne block!

Martyn21uk likes this.