Shed ( mould? ) advice needed

Discussion in 'Landscaping and Outdoors' started by misiokicio, Aug 26, 2020.

1. misiokicio

misiokicio New Member

Hi all, its a two months old shed, shiplap untreated used, did around 5 coats with this stuff- Roxil wood protection liquid and this black dots started to appear in few places, nothing on the inside, just the exterior , any advice please what is that , is that mould? and what could i possible use to rectify this, ?

Attached Files:

2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Did you apply a couple of clear coats of preservative treatment for wet rot, dry rot, insect infestation first.

3. misiokicio

misiokicio New Member

haven't ( face palm) is it too late?

4. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

If it's on the surface wash it off with weak bleach solution if it's within the timber doubt if you will get it off as it is now sealed in. Roxil wash the timber with patio cleaner to kill any spores.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  5. misiokicio

misiokicio New Member

tried.. not coming off, so its within the timber, any suggestions for what's next, should i try applying treatment now, or grab something else? like fence paint etc

6. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

The mould is within the timber which is now sealed with a silicone cream, best you could do is scrape it off and re-apply, nothing sticks to silicone.

7. misiokicio

misiokicio New Member

would a mould and mildew cleaner work? i cant really scrape anything off since its soaked inside the softwood, i understand this is a big f... up now, but trying to stop this damaging the whole shed, checked interior and all clean

8. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

That's why I suggested bleach but even that wont penetrate the silicone based cream that has been applied, in reality the mould was already in the timber prior to you applying the Roxil.

9. misiokicio

misiokicio New Member

awrite so basically im ducked, will try again tomorrow with that mildew thingy, if that not working then will try sanding it but doubt this gonna work, anything else i could do pal? mean like.. in the last resort, apply few coats of some fence paint ? or takin the boards off next year and spending few hundred quid again?