Badly installed bay windows?

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by Gbrea, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Gbrea

Gbrea New Member

Hi everyone- we had two bay windows installed 2 months ago to up our property value but we really feel this has had the opposite effect. After just 2 months, silicone has started to come away. The top of the bay window also lacks a plate and is just smothered in silicone that’s now ripping away. What are your thoughts? I’d be interested to know in case I’m obsessing over this but it all looks very messy to me. Company said they’ll come out to fix 2 weeks ago and that scaffold is required to install plate, which probably means it will take forever (or never) for them to come and fix. Thank you all!

Attached Files:

2. I-Man

I-Man Screwfix Select

It looks terrible! Are they a reputable firm of fitters?

Hope you didn't pay the remaining balance

3. Gbrea

Gbrea New Member

We did pay because we only just noticed everything peeling off and the amount of silicone used as it was peeling off

4. gadget man

gadget man Screwfix Select

:confused::confused::confused:

5. Tuxmark2

Tuxmark2 Screwfix Select

That peeling silicone looks like paint peeling off, was it painted over when still wet ?
    Sadly it appears Bodgit & Scarper have struck again.

6. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

What you've posted doesn't look good but you need to put some better photos up taken further back encompassing the whole area of the windows as the ones you've posted don't portray the whole scenario.