Request for help with lifting station

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by James K-W, Oct 30, 2020.

1. James K-W

James K-W New Member

Hi, I recently replaced my lifting station and I’m looking to add a drain/tap to the section of pipe shown in the image below, so that should I need to disconnect the lifting station for servicing, I can first drain the exit pipe that goes up into my loft. I’m not sure what to search for so I’m looking for advice on the best solution, thinking maybe a t-junction with a tap spout kinda thing?

It’s a 26mm soft pipe, I’ve not come across it’s like before, it came with the house ;).

[​IMG] https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPk2X7r_tQQHxg2ZShbAz6ou4cyJ9nNKaZfHQ0r5B4gp3YP2D6Ih4IPDuR9z8HnnQ

Thanks in advanced for any advice.

2. just pumps

just pumps Screwfix Select

Search manufactures site, there may well be an NRV in that pipe elbow.

3. James K-W

James K-W New Member

There is a NRV below the elbow built into the lifting station, so I need something for this section so I can drain the pipe should I need to.

4. just pumps

What make and model?

5. James K-W

James K-W New Member

grundfos sololift2 c3

6. just pumps

Just remove the elbow and the hose as one then to get inside the unit, no need to drain down.

7. James K-W

James K-W New Member

The NRV is screwed (push & twist) into the lifting station then the elbow goes ontop. If you took the elbow off it wouldn't bring the NRV with it.

8. just pumps

I`ll take a look tomorrow.

9. just pumps

Guessing you don`t have room to twist & lift everything as one so you could pinch the hose to stop water flow. Anything you add to the hose will restrict the bore size.