Veritas R8 OLD Installation Manual

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Parsy, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

2. Ford34

Ford34 New Member

https://community.screwfix.com/members/33683/

Mine is a 1996 R8 which responds to 00 instead of prog. if there is any chance you can send me a copy of the original I would appreciate it. I can get 8 lights lit with 4321-00 and then cant access or get anything to activate programming.
    1234 -00 is the same. its an old box I want in the garage and a link to outside shed on another keypad
    Stan
    stan_cramlington@yahoo.com

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  3. Ford34

Ford34 New Member

Brilliant, thankyou ever so much, realy appreciated. Will resume tomorrow and hopefully sort it out. As I said system will set, go to alarm condition and unset. Strange thing I could not get my head around "unset"green" light on remote has never been illuminated? Got battery and mains power.
    Stan

sparky steve likes this.
  4. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

Oh my, someone else has taken the reins over on this thread:eek:, incidentally Stan, could you enlighten the forum as to who the new stand in is please?:cool:

Regards, Rulland.

sparky steve likes this.
  5. sparky steve

sparky steve Screwfix Select

FA3A6266-592D-4EAE-81DE-99B562D235C1.jpeg C7552F81-1134-49F6-A9BB-E3E5678B15AA.jpeg Apologies Rulland, didn’t realise the thread was exclusive?:confused:
    Regards, Steve.

Rulland likes this.
  6. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

At least he said thank you ;)

Rulland and sparky steve like this.
  7. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

IT'S BEEN MY SCOOP FOR YEARS!, JESUS MAN YOU GOT NO SCRUPLES?.

Seriously though, I was only wondering who had assisted the guy, All/any help, Is what a forum is about:)
    Do you charge the same as me for the manuals btw? :D............

Regards, Rulland (Entrepreneur)

'Tis a jest:)

sparky steve likes this.
  8. sparky steve

Thought you may have been having an early night:D (age thing maybe?:rolleyes:).”Manuals”, got to get in on the action now lockdown is upon us:D
    Regards,
    Steve.

9. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

Did I forward it on early in the thread? I grew up on the first edition panels :eek:. Probably got bored of replying.....

10. Ford34

Ford34 New Member

I hope I have not opened a can of worms here. Anyway update, control panel accepted my new user code and i changed ex timer, bell timer at the same time. As this is indeed a very old panel technology has progressed from my later Veritas 8 panel with the on board key panel and an RKP upstairs.The area we live in has had a few oportunist break ins, and this is to help make some noise if someone attemps a similar break in, Garage and shed have RKP keypads. so either will go to alarm conditions if activated. Hopefully enough to scare idiots away. Apprecite the Manual, the only critizisim would be the programming menu does not have the 01 option mentioned to to allow the user code change.But the other 46 are.
    Thankyou
    Stan

Oh still no green unset light though

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
  11. sparky steve

[QUOTE="Ford34, post: 1857748, member: Apprecite the Manual, the only critizisim would be the programming menu does not have the 01 option mentioned to to allow the user code change.But the other 46 are.
    Thankyou
    Stan

Attached Files:

12. sparky steve

Addition, too late to edit previous post:rolleyes: 5CB10D0F-631A-4A11-9041-45E61BCF612F.jpeg changing user code.

13. Ford34

Ford34 New Member

thankyou Sparky steve. appreciated

RULLAND::::::::::::was i supposed to reply to this?????::::incidentally Stan, could you enlighten the forum as to who the new stand in is please------Sorry cause I dont understand,
    Stan

14. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

Hi Stan, If you'd looked at previous posts/replies on this thread, you'd had seen that i was sort of the appointed custodian, well it seemed that way 'cos I was doing most of the replying, lol.

Any road up, as I've said previously, we're all here to try to help, and, to that affect, Sparky Steve stepped in to help you.

My post/request to you was more tongue in cheek than anything else, just wandering who else was helping out on the thread that's all matey:)

15. jpwilliams

jpwilliams New Member

Any chance I can get a copy of this - screwfix@jpwilliams.com. I've got web space, so can host it if desired.

Many thanks

John

16. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

E-mail sent John.

17. jpwilliams

jpwilliams New Member

18. tee cee

tee cee New Member

thanks JP Williams saved me! downloaded and saved.:):):):):)

19. Matthewm123

Matthewm123 Member

Thank you very much for this!! Very useful.

20. Kevinwadey

Kevinwadey New Member

Attached Files: