Worktop shocking quality

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Mancone, Nov 3, 2020.

1. jonathanc

jonathanc Guest

It’s a bit of a concession asking for store credit! I might have been inclined to just ask for a refund. Anyway. Out of curiosity; do you know the manufacturer of the worktop?

To be fair it is possible to get a fault in manufacturing; I was fitting a load of doors and had three with manufacturing faults. Luckily I spotted it before I hung them. let’s hope when they do visit they agree there is an issue

Mancone likes this.
  2. Mancone

Mancone Member

WE have a good reputation and I need worktops - so I thought why not.
    Ive asked for the name of the manufacturer.

I would have thought WE would buy cheap from China, unless WE mean their supplier. worktop is quite cheap so no idea how they make money but I’m not in that industry.

3. jonathanc

jonathanc Guest

Why not order a sample pack to see if what they send out is the same as u have? Might help identify if there is a difference?

4. Mancone

Mancone Member

Sample is a 1mm thickness so I don’t know if it can be compared as it not a slab of the whole laminate?
    One issue is the layer below the 1mm is slightly visible when lights are on. The other are the bumps, all due to the material under in my opinion.
    Shall I order and see if it chips easily?

5. Tilt

Tilt Screwfix Select

No, let them come and have a look, and THEN report back, if you like.....

Yes, asking for store credit makes it sound like you are trying it on..... This is what they would think, I would bet.

6. Tilt

Tilt Screwfix Select

Any decent tradesman (especially kitchen fitters) will have their own customer recommendations and photo's of their work, IMO.
    If you want a kitchen fitting and want a good job then get a kitchen fitter, ie not a builder.
    The internet is full of Cowboys and Indians and either of them willing to rob you, if you let them.

If you go for the builder just because they gave you a cheaper quote, expect it to cost you more in the long run.

(Disclaimer..... Other trades are available, Lol).

7. Mancone

Mancone Member

Ok. The reason why I asked for store credit is because I still need worktops just the ones they provided weren’t good enough. The worktops were also fitted. Most companies I would have thought would have thought this was reasonable?

8. Mancone

Mancone Member

Trouble is getting people to quote in my experience.

9. Mancone

Mancone Member

Thank you so much people! I’ve been able to get the issue sorted with the supplier.... everything I have raised as not being satisfactory they agreed.

Jord86 and WillyEckerslike like this.
  10. jonathanc

jonathanc Guest

Excellent outcome. Great news

Mancone likes this.