Door hang prices

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by wizwoz, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Isaac Cox

Isaac Cox Member

Not that I like it but there is nothing illegal about paying cash. A few clients pay me by cash and like everyone else they get an invoice - in their case marked as paid. No discount, no favours, no laws broken.

2. RB Joinery

RB Joinery New Member

3. RB Joinery

RB Joinery New Member

I never stated in anyway shape or form that accepting cash was illegal DID I.!!
    I accept card machine including credit cards. As any serious business should do including 1 man/ woman band.
    I also accept bank transfer or bacs payments.
    I also accept cash.
    All registered logged and recorded with HMRC.

4. Isaac Cox

Isaac Cox Member

Sort of. I took your comment "Ps by law I charge by contactless remote card machine" that you were implying that paying by contactless remote card machine was in fact, a law, and by a process of deduction, other methods were not. No offence intended.

5. RB Joinery

RB Joinery New Member

6. RB Joinery

RB Joinery New Member

SORT OF. Meaning it is not a full-on contactless payment clarification
    "by law I charge a contactless remote card machine to do a quote survey" Going on to state must be payed. Its what I do.
    Taken out of context states. I do. As dose not include the rest of the context and legal point I was making that to be aloud to enter a property a payment must be made as you are there to carry out work including quote survey on their behalf.
    You are not wandering around unnecessarily in & out of everyone's homes for nothing especially time wasters which we are not aloud to do.
    Also clearly states.
    "must include payment"
    No mention MUST be on card machine in that.
    Clearly states I do card machine.
    Again BY PROCESS OF DEDUCTION as you put it contactless payment would NEVER EVER COVER the cost of any actual tools out Construction work with or without materials so by process of deduction as you put it could never be the only source of payment.
    Taking sub short context and then turning it into you own narrative is how you come up with the conclusion of SORT Of
    No offense intended.

7. Isaac Cox

Isaac Cox Member

Your reply is even more garbled than your original which caused all the confusion. No wonder I couldn't understand it. Offence intended.

Sparkielev, longboat and Jord86 like this.
  8. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

You seem to quote the law a lot, what part do you practice? Nothing illegal about charging £20 to £30 a door, depending on context i.e. new linings and a router and hinge jig set up would yield a hefty wage for the day, granted most of the time you can't do that in a domestic setting with carpets and people living there, but there's nothing illegal about charging a lower figure. Wait until the next real recession and see if your £75 a door is comparable with your local competitors.

Sparkielev likes this.
  9. RB Joinery

RB Joinery New Member

Already fully booked up till March next year.

10. RB Joinery

RB Joinery New Member

Contacted by HMRC at least once per day by email. Normally average 3 contacts per day saying by law what can and can't be done and all government updates.
    So a massive legal team.
    Also I have a full commission in the trade including running a legal businesss and at an advanced level which does include businesss law what can be legally done. Hence I am up dated.
    With employment law.
    Health and safety executive.
    CITB.
    CSCS.
    UTR Number registered and employing of fact on none CSCS on private homes if less staff required.
    That's just gone straight over your head
    Want an argument I will just pass already down loaded this forum to trading standards and HMRC where VN anonymous doesn't exist.
    Hence 2010 then massive gap till now 2020 on here as everything else been removed.

11. RB Joinery

RB Joinery New Member

Ps I am also qualified to teach the construction trade to qualification level or advanced level.
    I have recently turned down those jobs from 3 colleges. Also turned down work emplacement by the government councils who contacted me to train work emplacement as I don't have the time and they inevitable cost problems on site more days and material damage.
    Which a work emplacement won't pay for.
    They require want me to do it for free through my company and take out extra insurance for a minor ie child as under 18 so that's not being dismissive but an enormous time and financial cost damaged materials and wages.
    Trades are dying as younger people want computer work so they never complete there train and at mine or someone else's cost. Code don't turn up for work.
    So therefore tried over the years but NO more.
    So no more Trolls on hear you just confirm trading and HMRC report.
    Thanks and by by.

12. jonathanc

jonathanc Guest

that's excellent information. As you have the legal references at your fingertips it would be hugely helpful if you could provide them, preferably links to the primary legislation: Acts of parliament or Statutory Instruments would be perfect

WillyEckerslike and Jord86 like this.
  13. RB Joinery

RB Joinery New Member

Simply log in with HMRC. Use UTR number as a registered businesss And sign in to updates.
    Either by each up date as it s comes from acts of parliament or by each bulk pack per day. Covering your business requirements and a bit more.!!!!
    Obviously you are not registered and can gain access through your tax returns concerning Covid added restrictions every legal company should have been receiving for months especially when working in people's homes lock down or not restrictions apply.
    So therefore

14. RB Joinery

RB Joinery New Member

15. RB Joinery

RB Joinery New Member

Ps those notifications have already been set by law and mandatory.
    Obviously not a registered taxed businesss or a troll

16. jonathanc

jonathanc Guest

Would you mind quoting the legislative references? Specific items in acts or regulations. That’s what I do in my day job

17. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

I would appreciate a post I can actually decipher, never mind another mention of the word 'law', again.

18. Abrickie

Abrickie Screwfix Select

As john45 given up property development and gone into joinery ? :):rolleyes:

Jord86 and ramseyman like this.
  19. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

No, Employment Law.

ramseyman and Abrickie like this.
  20. Abrickie

Abrickie Screwfix Select

I’m sorry but I couldn’t resist

I would have assumed a clever person such as yourself would fact check before posting. Neither Google or Apple Pay have the £45 contactless limit. I thought I should point this out as your use of capitals does rather draw attention to your error, and I feel we would all hate for you to be embarrassed by talking rubbish :)

Jord86 likes this.