FA Chairman resignation- Yet another strange case of alleged racism

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by unphased, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

I said, I quote, "my point was not that using "coloured" is acceptable", you then said I said it was acceptable when I said the precise opposite!

But I don't disagree, good God man, reread my posts!

This is pointless as I really think you have issues beyond a perfectly reasonable distaste for racism.

2. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

I can see from the post #s that a person I have on ignore must be posting a lot. I can also see from your responses that he appears to be twisting what you've said. He is worryingly good at using this subject (racism or perceived racism) as a weapon of discord among seemingly like minded non racists which is actually counterproductive to addressing the issue. Do yourself a favour and press the ignore button.

Muzungu and FraserD like this.
  3. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

Yes, I have come to the same conclusion. He is taking words out of context and so changing the meaning completely to suit some sort of preconceived agenda, unless of course he is genuinely challenged in terms of comprehension. He is now on ignore.

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  4. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

He's just a troll, with multiple accounts and usernames on DIYNOT and exhibits the same possible Aspergers traits and lying insinuating conjecture on there as he does here, with similar response from the other forum members. His input should not stop others opinions and debates being expressed as that is his goal as a troll.

5. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

I wasn't offended in any way by the FA Chairman's comments and see no reason why anybody would have been offended, but then again I'm not a trouble maker out to pick holes in nothingness.

Kingscurate likes this.
  6. Bobby Dazzler

Bobby Dazzler Active Member

You're being ridiculous, dishonest and confusing yourself.
    At no time did I suggest that the term coloured people has been acceptable to everyone.
    I have said it was acceptable to white people at a time in the past, whereas you have said it was acceptable, without any qualification, implying it was acceptable to everyone.
    I suggest you review your previous comments.

7. Bobby Dazzler

:eek: Talk about confirmation bias!
    An assumption you have arrived at without reading my posts (supposedly).

8. Bobby Dazzler

Fine, better than you continuing to confuse youself.
    I repeat, you said that the term coloured people was acceptable at one time, without qualification, implying it was acceptable to everyone.
    I said it was acceptable, but with the qualification that it was acceptable to white people, only because it was a more polite term than the other alternatives.
    You can deny it as much as you like, but it's all there in black and white.
    I suggest again that you review your comments.

9. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Can it be inferred from your sanctimonious rants that you are a person of colour?

10. Bobby Dazzler

And you think that Gregg Clarke's comments were not out of order, and there was nothing wrong with what he said.
    So it is understandable that you would write a diatribe against anyone who argues to eradicate racism.

11. Bobby Dazzler

You weren't offended therefore there was no reason for anyone else to be offended?
    Anyone who might have been offended must be a troublemaker?

12. Bobby Dazzler

As you have inferred that I am sanctimonious and my comments are 'rants' you demonstrate the you have a habit of making inferences.
    I'm sure you'll continue making inferences.

13. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Personally, I am offended by you, Bobby. I am offended at your belligerence towards people who don't share your point of view. Thats what your rants amount to. An endless insult to our intelligence that we could possibly, even remotely, have a perfectly acceptable view of the Chairmans comments and see no racism in them. It is fair to say that people who seek to ascribe remarks as racist are the biggest trouble makers. We walk around on eggshells fearful of saying anything that may offend someone like you. How dare you come on a forum and wage a private war with decent respectable citizens having a polite discussion about a possible mistake. Its disgusting how society has created such characters that have antennae tuned to seek out wrong words. What a sad individual you are. Very sad.

14. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

I'll infer that as a 'yes' then.

15. Arthur Dent

Arthur Dent Member

Tell you what go back and quote the whole post, of course you won't do that because it will prove what a troublemaker you are.

You are now ignored

16. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Do you honestly think anything he said had a hint of malice to it or intended?

You as usual on purpose miss the part where he called trolls of black footballers 'filthy racists' but whip yourself into a frenzy over the other words he used in different sittings, including quoting another coaches comment (not his own) that female footballers don't like the ball being hit hard at them (which is probably true, who in their right mind male or female wants a ball booted at them at breakneck speed), but was somehow also tarred with the sexist brush for that too.

It's a shame the media stations don't publish the quotes by a random group of football associated people rather than just the select few who shout the first accusations, perhaps there would be a different side to the story rather than the one portrayed. Also puzzling how if they felt that strongly about his attitude no one spoke out beforehand but are queuing up to slight the man now the irons hot.

When two forums worth (that I know of) of contributors end up arguing, ignoring and actively disliking you, not everyone can be wrong.

17. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

What a good post, Jord. So true.

18. ginger tuffs

ginger tuffs Screwfix Select

well said jord remember when they called ron athingson a rasict he brought cunningham regis batson to the albion

19. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Hmm, not the best example you could have given there mind mate, given the remark about Marcus Desailly that cost Big Ron his pundit position, though other players defended him and said it was a throwaway comment he didn't help himself with that one, it's a shame because like most things people only either remember the bad stuff or nitpick the bit that suits them, not the whole picture.

ginger tuffs and Abrickie like this.
  20. Bobby Dazzler

Sorry for the delay in responding. I've been busy.
    Gregg Clarke may not have had any malice in his comments, but his comments displayed a worrying absence of understanding, form the Chairman of an organisation that is supposed to be eliminating racism, sexism and homophobia from the sport.
    Let's look at his comments, recent and passed:
    "Women players do not like the ball kicked hard at them."
    "Gay players make a lifestyle choice"
    "Coloured players"
    Suggesting that ethnicity determines career ability".

This is the attitude of a professional who was heading up the English FA.
    It clearly demonstrates how insensitive he is to the very causes he is supposed to be championing.
    "The Chair’s primary role is to ensure that the board is effective in its task of setting and implementing the company’s direction and strategy."
    • As well as being Chair of the board, they expected to act as the company’s leading representative which will involve the presentation of the company’s aims and policies to the outside world.
    https://www.iod.com/news/articles/the-role-of-the-chairman
    Gregg Clarke clearly demonstrated that he totally misunderstood the aims and policies of the organisation that he represented.

Moreover, it is difficult to believe that this attitude of his only surfaced in the recent meeting. Surely, these topics would have been discussed in detail within and between the staff at English FA. (How could they not be, if they arrived at such aims and policies?). In which case Gregg Clarke's attitude and use of outdated phraseology would have been displayed. Did no-one correct him?

He demonstrated that he was completely ill-suited to his role.

And some think that he did nothing wrong.
    Yet instead of accepting that I have a different opinion to them, they launch into a tirade of abuse. And they accuse me of not respecting their opinion. :D

I do not accept their opinion because Gregg Clarke displayed woeful inadequacy at his role, and demonstrated outdated and bigoted attitudes.
    It is perfectly understandable that he considers that he was not intending to be racist, sexist or homophobic. But he was! And he failed to appreciate that such accidental racism, sexism or homophobia is still racism, sexism and homophobia, just committed by uneducated, insensitive and outdated people.