How to replace the fridge light

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Ethanpeng, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Ethanpeng

Ethanpeng Member

My Beko fridge light is working I tried to remove the centre part but in vain. Can anyone show me how to replace the bulb? Thanks very much!

Attached Files:

2. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

Some Beko lights need a whole replacement module. What is the model number ?

3. Ethanpeng

Ethanpeng Member

I don't know where to find the model number it is set in fridge. Thanks

4. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

Err. The instructions book,
    on the side of the fridge,
    sometimes just on the side as you open the door.

Beko support says

Every Beko refrigerator has a unique serial number. ON most models, it is located with the model number inside your appliance, on the left-hand wall. Freezer bottom refrigerators have the serial numbersticker on the right-hand wall.

5. Ethanpeng

Ethanpeng Member

Thanks very much my friend you are so kind and helpful. I will check it out.

6. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Just behind the dial there’s a hole in the plastic moulding - gotta be a screw in there

Remove screw and does the unit not drop down - may need a tug

Instruction manuals usually available online also if you haven’t got yours to hand

Ethanpeng likes this.
  7. The Happy Builder

The Happy Builder Screwfix Select

You need three people, one to hold the bulb and two to turn the fridge around.

Boom, boom!

Farre11 likes this.
  8. Ethanpeng

Ethanpeng Member

You are the only smart person here ,bang!

9. Ethanpeng

Ethanpeng Member

I got the model number is BC73F, and then?

10. sparky steve

sparky steve Screwfix Select

Some of their fridge models have an LED light inside of the cabinet, if fitted with a standard bulb, then the light cover will be clipped into position. This can be removed by squeezing the cover. Some older models also have a screw which needs to be taken out before removing the cover.

Ethanpeng and ramseyman like this.
  11. ramseyman

ramseyman Screwfix Select

You need a 15w E14 bulb If you can't find one try espares, stock number ES 478313

Ethanpeng likes this.
  12. The Happy Builder

Okay, just a rehash of the old, how many people does it take to change a light bulb? Five, one to hold the bulb and four to turn the stepladder around.

People don’t just tell old jokes like they used to.

13. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

Jord86 and Ethanpeng like this.
  14. Ethanpeng

Ethanpeng Member

I know you mean. But kind people are never enough. I appreciate all these people kindly help me.

15. The Happy Builder

It’s when the customer says “The fridge light doesn’t go out when I close the door” you have to think carefully about what you say in reply.

Changing light bulbs is a dying skill, the instructions posted by Bazza are similar to those for changing an interior light bulb in a car and many people pay for someone to do that in the car park outside Halfords.

Rest assured within a few years it will need the complete unit replacing and you will need some “special” security screwdriver just to open it up, as I did a few minutes ago fixing the plumbers’ extension lead for him.

16. Tilt

Tilt Screwfix Select

If it is working then why do you need a new bulb???

If it isn't working then I suggest replacing with an E14 led bulb circa 2 to 3 watts.....
    Either a screw needs removing (as mentioned) probably from right at the back of the vented plastic piece
    or this piece just pulls off with just a clip somewhere on it.

If you cannot find out how to remove it maybe ask someone to help who has some clue.
    Removing the shelves will help with access.

17. nigel willson

nigel willson Screwfix Select

Must be “smart” ez a builder

18. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

I posted the instructions from Beko. See above. No screws needed to be undone!

although, you are right, why change the lamp if it works :confused:

Tilt likes this.
  19. Ethanpeng

Ethanpeng Member

Do apologize, I was supposed to write the light IS NOT working. Thanks

20. The Happy Builder

I would blame predictive text, it takes a lot of responsibility for sentences that don't read right.

Ethanpeng likes this.