Where to find 15mm copper to 3/8" male connectors

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by rogerk101, Nov 20, 2020.

1. rogerk101

rogerk101 Screwfix Select

I've just taken delivery of a Grohe Bauedge basin mixer tap which came with tails preinstalled.
    The ends of the tails have female 3/8" connectors on them along with the appropriate rubber washers, but neither Screwfix not Toolstation seem to sell 15mm copper to 3/8" male connectors.
    Does anyone on here know where I can find such beasts?
    Ideally they should be solderable onto the 15mm copper pipes in the undersink cupboard, but pushfit would also do.
    Many thanks in advance for any pointers/guidance.

2. Tilt

Tilt Screwfix Select

You may have to go the compression route..... is that an option?

3. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

4. cleggie

cleggie Active Member

5. Tilt

Tilt Screwfix Select

Says 3/8 in title but says 3/4 swivel nuts...........
    They don't look like 3/4 either though. Unless I'm having another Homer Simpson moment, Lol.

6. WillyEckerslike

Like many of the descriptions on the SF website - they're wrong. They are for 3/8 BSP female connectors. There is also a 1/2" set. Can't say I've seen a 3/4 set though.

7. Tilt

Tilt Screwfix Select

3/8 is about 10mm. If other side of this fitting is for 15mm isolating valve fitting (I assume that would be any 15mm compression fitting) how can it be 3/8???

What am I missing??? :confused:

8. WillyEckerslike

3/8" BSP stands for British Standard Pipe and is a thread size relating to the internal dimensions of a steel pipe onto which that thread would be cut.

9. rogerk101

rogerk101 Screwfix Select

Thanks @Tilt. My preference would have been for solder, but compression is fine as access with spanners is easy and any leaks would be easy to see.

Thanks @WillyEckerslike. I did see those, but mine are 3/8" and the Screwfix and Toolstation ones are 1/2" for 15mm and 3/4" for 22mm.

Thanks @cleggie. It's a pity they'll take a few days to get here, as I was hoping to finish the project this weekend. I may resort to these if for any reason the Willy idea doesn't work out.

I hope you're right. I have already fitted the isolation valves further upstream under the bath, so would rather not fit another pair, so your idea of soldering them into a 15mm end feed straight coupler may be my best option, as the compression fittings will take a good few days to get to me and I want to crack on with the project.

10. WillyEckerslike

Tilt likes this.
  11. Tilt

Tilt Screwfix Select

@WillyEckerslike
    I've looked into these with your links and see what they are designed for now...... By reading the reviews....
    TBH I have always connected the flexies direct to the Isolator, but just nicely hand tight.

I have never been made aware of any issues or leaks and I think Ikea's installation company would have made me sort out the issue should any leaks have presented themselves.
    Fitted lots this way too, either directly using flexible tails or flexies onto copper tap tails......

Cheers.