How to replace the fridge light

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Ethanpeng, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Tilt

Tilt Screwfix Select

So ........................... How many forum members does it take to replace a light bulb???????????

Or don't we know yet, Lol

Farre11 likes this.
  2. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

One who knows what he is doing (me).
    About five more that don’t even read the solution before putting in spurious and incorrect suggestions.

Ethanpeng likes this.
  3. Severntrent

Severntrent Screwfix Select

I think you need to take the back and top covering off and access it externally, that makes 6

Ethanpeng and Bazza like this.
  4. Tuxmark2

Tuxmark2 Screwfix Select

Six,
    1 to discover the bulb needs replacing
    1 to decide what type of bulb is required
    1 to decide if its a standard or led bulb
    1 to find the best price for the bulb
    1 to relay instructions to dismantle the fitting and fit the bulb
    1 to sit and read through the posts to check for smelling miscakes and drink tea.

--

tina lucinda lane likes this.
  5. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Get a new fridge

Order online

Have it delivered

Many firms will ‘instal’ and take away the old one (may be an environmental charge for this)

New fridge will come complete with a light that works (more than likely now LED)

You know this is gonna be easier and makes perfect sense

Just now to decide on which model :)

6. Tuxmark2

Tuxmark2 Screwfix Select

That's all very well but what if the fridge is actually a freezer that doesn't have a light but the owner thinks the lights broken ?

DIYDave. likes this.
  7. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

And 12 months warranty. :D:D

DIYDave. likes this.
  8. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

Just really needs the OP to open the instruction book - where everything they need to know is written. But never mind. Perhaps this forum us the 4th emergency service!

There are people who phone 999 because they’ve run out of milk.

Ethanpeng likes this.
  9. Tuxmark2

Tuxmark2 Screwfix Select

999 for milk ? I hope they got a rollocking for calling because thy had no milk, if it was about hobnobs I could understand....
    You may find the user doesn't have the manual for a fridge because its still in the plastic bag along with the ice tray that is still in the drawer and frozen solid.

10. Comlec

Comlec Screwfix Select

None
    But we can sure sell you the concept of darkness.

11. Ethanpeng

Ethanpeng Member

So I am a lazy pig, am I? People do get anxious when they come across sth new. The lesson is to to calm down and think a little bit before asking for help even if there a lot nice people out here ready to give help for nothing. May God bless all your guys. Thank you all!

12. Ethanpeng

Ethanpeng Member

I have found out from the cover picture, many thanks

13. tina lucinda lane

tina lucinda lane Screwfix Select

My 2 cents if it's an ses (small edison screw) go to your local £ shop buy an led candle bulb and fit leave cover off as likely won't fit over new bulb (did this for a friend who had an old fridge freezer with no cover anyway also did his chest freezer that the cover did fit over as the cold was forever blowing fillment bulbs £ shop led candle never blew again 20years on both still lighting up fine

Ethanpeng likes this.
  14. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

Leave it and buy a torch

15. Banallsheds

Banallsheds Well-Known Member

The cold should not do that. Must be some other reason.

16. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

Maybe the currents were out of date? :D

17. Tilt

Tilt Screwfix Select

Believe it or not I travelled from Nottingham to Lincoln (few years ago now) to sort a fridge out in the staff canteen in Lidl as someone had reported it not working...........

You guessed it, it was just the bulb had blown..... Full days pay plus fuel allowance just to replace a fridge bulb, Lol.

18. tina lucinda lane

tina lucinda lane Screwfix Select

A filament bulb even one as low as a few Watts generates heat a freezer is generally sub zero temps think logically heat up followed by rapid chill (like fast blast frezze cold) sooner or later will reduce lifespan of filament hence faster blowing

19. Ethanpeng

Ethanpeng Member

Always have some easy money but don't laugh the God looks after you.

20. Tilt

Tilt Screwfix Select

But some cars headlights have filament bulbs do they not???
    And some of them cars live in countries with temperatures that are sub zero / even well below zero, and they work just fine I believe......
    I could be wrong... But yes, LED, why wouldn't ya.