How to pair TP Link adapters

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Paul Blackburn, Dec 12, 2020.

1. I have two TP Link adapters one is connected to the router and the other one to my laptop which is upstairs and they work fine.I have just got a third adapter to use with my wifes laptop but not sure of the procedure to pair it with the other adapters can someone help.Thanks

2. I seem to have sorted this out as I unplugged the two adapters I already had then plugged all three adapters into 13 amp sockets in the kitchen and pressed the pair button on all three then plugged
    1 into the router 1 into my laptop and 1 into my wifes laptop and all three lights are on on all three adapters.

3. Teki

Teki Screwfix Select

Are these Powerline adapters that work over the mains wiring?

4. quasar9

quasar9 Screwfix Select

Press and hold the button for a full minute or until all lights go out. Release and repeat on other adapter.

5. Arthur Dent

Arthur Dent Member

Plug one of the old ones into a double socket. Plug the new one into the spare socket from that double, then use the pairing procedure

6. Yes I believe so

7. Thanks for the replies they still have all the three lights lit

8. Teki

Teki Screwfix Select

Sometimes they don't work very well if connected to extension leads or on different circuits in a house.