Anyone else suffering?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by BiancoTheGiraffe, Jan 8, 2021.

1. welshblue

welshblue Active Member

Same as my past thinking ... but 2 years of treatment for PTSD and it's a very useful tool to have in your mental locker.

My wife has kept me sane by all the times I've had to answer the door to Amazon deliveries ... also thinking outside of the box to try and recycle things now the centres are shut. Music. Art/ Graphic design and started writing a book which will never see the light of day.

2 old chairs made into a chelf to stop the missis from spending stupid money for chipboard just for the airing cupboard

[​IMG]

2. BiancoTheGiraffe

BiancoTheGiraffe Screwfix Select

I can't... I'm a woman...

And you're an idiot so please go away

3. welshblue

welshblue Active Member

moi ?

only asking because the comment is after m y post.

4. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

The Troll is in action once again!

welshblue likes this.
  5. BiancoTheGiraffe

I wish a "deleted post" marker appeared when the moderators removed a troll!

Wasn't aimed at you Welshblue!

Nice idea with the chairs!

welshblue likes this.
  6. #BungitBob

#BungitBob New Member

Between Christmas and New Year I put together a slideshow of photos from the good times this year (Not many and mostly from the summer when we could get out) It showed that although it was a **** year in general we still managed to have some laughs. It also reminded us of how good the summer is over winter. Something to look forward to.

7. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Screwfix Select

Boris and Co tell us their is a light at the end of the tunnel. Let's just hope that it is not a train coming. :)

BiancoTheGiraffe likes this.
  8. b4xtr

b4xtr Active Member

very cheery :)

9. Okoak

Okoak Active Member

It can't be right anyway because you can't do a U turn in a tunnel, you can only plough on blindly.......Oh hang on ....

10. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

I struggled during the first lockdown, lost a lot of work and watched as the finances went downhill. Wasn't eligible for any of the support.
    Then, around July, the work came back with a vengeance, the diary is now full for this year. I'm quite luckily compared to many.

I have stopped watching the TV and listening to as much radio. The doom mongering will just get you down. I've started listening to podcasts over the last few months.

11. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Screwfix Select

When you watch telly and listen to the radio you may notice how statistics are presented. Only this morning figures were given in percentages and fractions, mixed in the same subject, this is to confuse us so we can't reliably track what's going on. Also consider what is not being said, we have not been given figures for the 'R' number recently, this must mean it is steady or falling. Corona Virus is real and it is a danger to us all, we must take precautions to prevent it spreading, but the Government's approach with mixed messaging and an attempt to hide data feeds the conspiracy theorist idiots out there. 'Give us the data and we will finish the job' Apologies to W S Churchill.

Joe95 and Hans_25 like this.
  12. Hans_25

Hans_25 Screwfix Select

I'm with your there Bob. I heard something from the great Thomas Sowell recently i.e. when arguing with those on the left he would pose three questions:
    - compared to what?
    - at what cost?
    - what is your evidence/data to support your position?

The first is really a great question, so when the Government are spouting statistics about the number of deaths of ICU/Hospitalisation etc. they never show what would be expected at this time of year i.e. the normal number of deaths expected during winter from Flu etc, how full the hospitals are.

Joe the Plumber and Joe95 like this.
  13. jimbobby

jimbobby Screwfix Select

Two words of wisdom.
    Ivor Cummins.
    look him up.
    jim

Joe the Plumber and Hans_25 like this.
  14. Dan Parkinson

Dan Parkinson Active Member

I've found that gutting my house and living in the front room for 5 months with a large dog and 2 house rabbits takes my mind off the lockdown measures.

15. BiancoTheGiraffe

The thing that's annoying me most now is the way we're having to lockdown to "protect the NHS"...

The staff shortages are predominantly down to the thousands of people who are having to isolate at home, having "been in contact with someone who's tested positive for covid"...

Well obviously they've been near people with Covid, that's their job!

If they've been flagged but aren't ill, surely just put them to work on a Covid ward, they're no risk to people who already have the virus!

Joe the Plumber and Astramax like this.
  16. welshblue

welshblue Active Member

I only know what my daughter tells me, but her last shift ended up being a 15 hour one, 42 Ambulances queued at 3 hospitals because there just weren't the beds to handover the patients.

A lot of staff absences in the NHS are also down to the lingering effects of having had Covid.
    Breathlessness at the slightest exertion being a big one. Hard to do your job professionally when you're struggling for breath.
    3 months after having Covid my daughter is just again using her pushbike

No way I could do their job. Grossly underpaid and hugely unappreciated by the government (IMO)

gadget man likes this.
  17. Joe the Plumber

Joe the Plumber Screwfix Select

Good God. The video jimbobby posted of Ivor Cummins, and my response to it, have disappeared.

We know where we are now.

Goodbye Screwfix Forum.

Joe95, Okoak, Astramax and 1 other person like this.
  18. BiancoTheGiraffe

Oh for god sake... That's just ridiculous...

Astramax likes this.
  19. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Big mistake Screwfix....time to wise up long overdue!

20. Okoak

Okoak Active Member

It seems that anything that challenges the official propaganda is shut down.
    We live in dark times and I have several serious concerns, a virus is the least of them.