Laminate direction change between rooms?

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by jameswills, Jan 17, 2021.

1. jameswills

jameswills Member

Hi, my kitchen laminate (quickstep) was laid horizontally a year ago as its running the length of the room.

I now want to run the same floor into the hallway, but I will need to lay it vertically.

My hall way is L shaped so there is a corner into the hallway into the kitchen.

I'm worried it's going to look a bit naff changing directions between rooms, is there anything I can do to overcome this and run the floor in the kitchen into the hallway horizontal and change direction at the 90 degree turn to vertical?

Note this is my first time putting laminate down :eek:

2. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

I fitted mine in the entire floor with no door bars (breaks) can't you do the same. Just take up the door bit then fit new and continue it in hall through door? Keep all the same way

3. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Put a photo or two up, it's challenging to visualise.

4. jameswills

jameswills Member

Please see

[​IMG]

5. jameswills

jameswills Member

I don't think I explained well, please see picture above.

6. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

I don't think the direction matters. It's dont in our house. 1610896181873_compress66.jpg Taken from hall which is across vs lounge and bedroom in picture that is along.. Horizontal and vertical as you say.

7. jameswills

jameswills Member

Yours looks like it's all the same direction?

I think running it horizontal in a long narrow hallway would look odd :/

8. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

I think running different directions in different rooms looks odd. I also don't like the door bars.. Jmo. Go other way then and add door bar break..
    Yeah mine is same direction in every room taken through doorways. About 25 packs if memory serves.. Don't think it matters which way as long as its all the same way vs different directions in each room. I don't like that

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021