BBQ Gas Hose Length?

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by Kerren Leach, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Kerren Leach

Kerren Leach New Member

Hi,

Im installing an outdoor kitchen and want the gas cylinder hidden away approx 5m from the BBQ. The vendor told me that the pressure drop over 5m of rubber hose will be too great and the bbq will suffer. They suggested installing solid copper piping with two rubber hoses at each end (which in my mind creates 4 failure points (regulator connection / connection to copper piping / connection to rubber pipe / connection to bbq).

Therefore I wondered if there is a better solution? Is there a flexible or semi flexible 8mm gas pipe that won’t lose much pressure?

(Ps no, cylinder can’t be moved closer).
    Thanks!

2. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

If you have an LPG installation cert, why are you asking this question ? If you don't have an LPG installation cert, why are you even doing it ?
    A 5m distance will have to be done in plastic coated copper buried underground, 10mm at a minimum and 15mm would be optimal. Yes, you will have to use the correct flexi hoses at each end.

3. Kerren Leach

Kerren Leach New Member

thats all I needed to know. Thanks!