Appears to be crack on inside of glass pane

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by Theleonc, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Theleonc

Theleonc New Member

Hello all,

noticed a slight crack coming from the bottom right hand corner of our window but after checking inside and outside the house it appears to be within the pane, any ideas what may be causing this? Also on another window there appears to be a vertical crack about an inch long. I recently wiped down the window frames 3 weeks ago and didn’t notice this crack so appears to have happened recently. I have contacted our builder as it’s a new build and are within 2 year warranty who I would imagine try to get the window installer to fix.

2. Jiml86

Jiml86 Screwfix Select

It’s hardly a scrape as opposed to a crack? What do you mean by within the pane?

3. Theleonc

Theleonc New Member

Thanks for your reply. It is a double glazed window and it looks like the crack is on the inside part of the double glazing, as when I run my finger over it I can’t feel any crack there if that makes sense? I can’t think of anything that would’ve scraped it as we constantly have blinds down so not sure what would’ve caused it

4. Jiml86

Jiml86 Screwfix Select

That’s unusual, I’m afraid I’m no help to you other than to suggest contacting the company who supplied/ made the window.

5. Theleonc

Theleonc New Member

Thank you anyway! They should have a 10 year warranty but depends on how the company think the damage has been done I guess as to whether they’ll fix it! If not I’ll just monitor it and if it gets worse I’ll have to pay to have the glass replaced

6. Jiml86

Jiml86 Screwfix Select

Yeah I can’t imagine you could be anyway at fault for a crack like that. Best of luck anyway

7. Dan Parkinson

Dan Parkinson Active Member

If it's not on the inside pane then it will be on the outside pane. Either way you will be able to feel it. Unless it's triple glazed.