Triton Enrich shower not working

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Breakdown0990, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Breakdown0990

Breakdown0990 New Member

Hi I'm new to this blog I just bought a triton Enrich 8.5kw to replace my old shower I gave it a go to install myself did everything connected everything up but when I turned it on no water came out , I've checked the water pressure and it's working and checked the power supply that is working fine
    Now I'm just confused and wondering did I receive a faulty shower from screw fix ?

2. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

What voltages are you getting at the showers main terminal block ,live to neutral ,and live to earth ?

3. dcox

dcox Screwfix Select

How did you isolate the water to do the work. Sure it's back on?

4. Breakdown0990

Breakdown0990 New Member

I've got a value in the hotpress it also controls the water for the toilet and the cold tap in the sink it's on

5. Breakdown0990

Breakdown0990 New Member

I've no way of checking the voltage I'm not a plumber or a electrician

6. Breakdown0990

Breakdown0990 New Member

Is there anything I need to do to enable the water supply to come out of the shower like a value or something the shower makes a noise but no water pressure or water coming out just thought I'd ask here before contacting screw fix or calling a plumber I tried to install myself because I'm not working at the moment and haven't gotten any funds to pay for a plumber at the moment I was told it's easy to install but now I've no shower it's doing my head in

7. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

If the shower doesn't work ,you call Triton. They send an engineer ,under warranty,but if it is an installation problem ,as opposed to a faulty shower there is a charge you have to pay .
    Your shower should be fed from the mains cold water supply ,is it ?
    Was your previous shower working or not ?

8. dcox

dcox Screwfix Select

Is the power light on (top right of case)?

9. Breakdown0990

Breakdown0990 New Member

Yes until the motor failed that's why I bought a new shower !
    I'm going to have a try again tomorrow and see if I can make it work

10. Breakdown0990

Breakdown0990 New Member

The power is working the light is on the top right and the light comes on there's a buzzing sound but no water comes out !

11. dcox

dcox Screwfix Select

Double check your wiring connections inside the unit or possibly fault at remote isolation switch. Ie power is getting to shower unit but not 240v. Refer to Terry’s post no2 above.

12. Tricky Dicky

Tricky Dicky Screwfix Select

The comment Yes until the motor failed makes me wonder what type of shower you had previously. Was if cold fill only or Hot & Cold water supply? What breaker is in your consumer unit to control your old shower? You might need a power shower and not an electric shower.

13. jonathanc

jonathanc Guest

picture of the relevant MCB in the consumer unit and the cable connections in the shower plus the shower isolator switch would be useful please!

14. adgjl

adgjl Screwfix Select

I wonder whether the previous shower was a pumped power shower, not an electric shower.

15. Breakdown0990

Breakdown0990 New Member

My last shower was cold intake simlar to this shower but different make mira the motor stopped working hence why I bought this one

16. Breakdown0990

Breakdown0990 New Member

Hi everyone just to update everyone I re plumed the pipe work had to suck the water true the shower have no pressure and no hot water , don't understand how to upload a picture from my phone to share

17. jonathanc

jonathanc Guest

Do you have old shower laying around? Picture of that would be good

18. Breakdown0990

Breakdown0990 New Member

Sorry I bined it it went out with the rubbish

19. jonathanc

jonathanc Guest

Pictures will help us. In your consumer unit there is probably a MCB for the shower. What does it say B6,B32,B16 or what?

20. Breakdown0990

Breakdown0990 New Member

I found a picture online of the same shower I use to own mira elite