Sunday morning lay in ?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by DIYDave., May 23, 2021.

1. TangerineDream

TangerineDream Active Member

No need to mullet that one over, I'll be dropping the bass later myself.

2. robgul

robgul Active Member

. . . on a serious note - to moderate new member registrations is one solution . . . a couple of fora that I have joined in the past have a process where you fill in all the details and then a moderator checks before allowing access to post* - up to, say, 24 hours** would seem reasonable to me? That does of course take some effort but most forum software has the facility to handle the process.

That said it doesn't seem that often that the site is infiltrated by these people.

* and some require a defined number of posts before being able to post sale or wanted items - to stop advertising and scam sales
    ** that delay may perhaps stop new registrants with the often inane (at least to me :() knee-jerk questions where answers are readily available with a very basic search.

TangerineDream likes this.
  3. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

@robgul I did bring this up with Peter, however when you think these posts have been there for 18 hours or so it would deter genuine new members.

What I can't understand is that I reported some last night, so why they are still there is beyond me. I have reported them again today and tried to message @screwfix.peter as I am pretty sure he will not want them any longer.

Really don't know what the admins are doing at the moment.

4. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

The senior moderator has put them in their Plaice.

Bazza-spark likes this.
  5. TangerineDream

TangerineDream Active Member

I reported an account this AM & their posts. As relatively new to these forums I wouldnt have minded waiting 24 hours for a moderator to check my details & give me access to the site. If I was some1 looking for help forums of this kind & found these forums last night, seeing what I did, I would have joined a better modded site as Id have thought that was the norm for here.

Bazza-spark likes this.
  6. FlyByNight

FlyByNight Screwfix Select

Has been suggested before that two or three long term trusted members are given some basic admin rights - the ability to suspend a member and hide their posts which the "real admins/mods" can then delete. Those members would also be responsible for their actions.

7. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

If that happens Screwfix should close the forum.

8. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

So it appears tonights moron has appeared and they still havent cleared last nights.

Numerous report tags submitted, messages sent via posts and naughty boy emails to @screwfix.peter, and still no action from the mods.

@screwfix.samantha @screwfix.samantha2 can you deal with them?

9. Nev Hope

Nev Hope Active Member

Lol apparently the mods only work office hours

10. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

That's right, they couldn't manage a full day!

11. FlyByNight

FlyByNight Screwfix Select

Best way to deal with a pesky fox is 42 grams of lead injected at very high speed.

12. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Or, dynamite. Boom boom!

13. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Permanganate of potash washed down with an embolism reduction often works