3 gang switch on side of kitchen cabinet

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Hazeybee, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Hazeybee

Hazeybee New Member

Hi - we are having a handmade kitchen installed and I want the units to run over a 3 gang light switch and move it to the side of the kitchen cabinet. Because it would be next to a door we couldn’t simply just move it along a few inches. The kitchen cabinet will hold an integrated fridge which is about 60cm wide and the cabinet is about 67cm wide. There is also a fascia panel on the side of the cabinet 2cm thick. We will get an electrician to do it if it’s possible/legal but just want to know if it is as ordering everything now and need to decide on widths etc. The kitchen company seem very loath to go near it perhaps because it involves cutting holes? But it would mean I could have the desired oven without compromising on cupboard space etc.

2. candoabitofmoststuff

candoabitofmoststuff Screwfix Select

It's not just the space available for the back box, which with the 20mm end panel might just about fit... but what about the cable runs?

Good luck with it all.

Cando

3. Hazeybee

Hazeybee New Member

Thanks - the cable is pretty much in the right place so not many runs. I should imagine it would need securing to the cabinet. I think the frame is quite roomy around the fridge.

4. The Happy Builder

The Happy Builder Screwfix Select

Probably not, I doubt there’s room for it without building the side of the cabinet out which will possibly look odd from the front.

Can’t you move the switch to the other side of the wall into the next room?

5. njr001

njr001 New Member

Quinetic wireless receivers fitted remotely to lighting circuit and a 3 gang wireless switch could be fitted to the side of your units all available from Tec direct

6. BillyBobToo

BillyBobToo Active Member

TLC direct.
    I have these in my kitchen. Surface mounted 3 gang switch is near enogh the same thickness as a standard switch.