Hanging shelves with brackets on stud wall

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Claire4919, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Claire4919

Claire4919 New Member

I’ll start this off by saying I’m not a total idiot - I’m getting someone in to hang shelves for me because I just can’t trust myself. The problem is that I have no idea what fixings I need to buy for him!

I’m hanging oak shelves with those steampunk style old school black brackets that look like plumbers pipe. I am hoping to fix them in the kitchen, and I think the house is wood frame with stud walls. I’m not entirely sure I’ll be able to place the brackets on a stud though.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of which fixings I need to get?

Thanks in advance (and sorry if this is the wrong place!)

2. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

As long as you haven’t hired a complete numpty, just let them decide what fixings to use. I don’t have a problem with certain customers supplying items, but not down to a happeth of tar.

Astramax and Claire4919 like this.
  3. Claire4919

Claire4919 New Member

He’s asked me to get them!

CGN likes this.
  4. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Did he not specify what type of fixings were suitable for purpose taking the weight into consideration. 15mm Grip it is worth a look into using.

5. Dave1988

Dave1988 Member

You're going to need a small fixing so it doesn't protrude from the bracket. I'm guessing they've got a few holes per bracket?

Try something like the fischer duopower plug